Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Heading back up to WA this weekend...

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 10:54 PM
jakebrake
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Heading back up to WA this weekend...

Yakima is on the other side of the mountains the only reason to go there is for fresh fruit when in season. Other than that just stay away. Silverdale isn't too bad of an area, just watch out north of there though, seems that more and more meth labs go up in flames every year there. You gotta go see the rainforest in the olympics though. I've been meaning to get back there for a while now.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:00 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

we saw the rainforest a couple of years back when we toured the outskirts of the park. It was neat but at the time it was dry.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:31 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

OK first of all it doesn't rain all the time in WA... we have 365 days of sunshine too. (just some times the clouds are there - but it isn't dark or anything)

Second the only reason to go to Yakima is to go have fun at the training ground

The meth labs suck - - but they can't be as bad up north as they are in Pierce County. I can't go 3 miles w/o seeing hazmat tape somewhere. Did you know that the Pierce County Sheriffs were the first law enforement in the nation to have a special task force for Meth? Yeah we were first at something.[:'(]

Last - - Tell your Daughter welcome to a real state! We in Washington are a bit nuts but we are wonderful.

Old 04-26-2007, 12:44 AM
jakebrake
Champion

I don't think I am a little nuts, just crazy. In high school, my teacher told me that I had "issues".

Old 04-26-2007, 05:45 AM
JotiGrains
Professional

Welcome to a real state. Nice touch. Good call.

Old 04-26-2007, 02:32 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: JotiGrains

I've been to Yakima all through highschool, because they had wrestling tourneys and track tourneys there, it sucks because that's where they grow all the hops for beer. So, it constaly smells like crap. Not to meantion, the 10:1 Mexican:White ratio.
Only 10:1 Mexican to White ratio? when I went to vist family in Yakima last June I would of thought it was like 25:1or even 30:1. Another thing I did like about that town even thou I lived in it when I was younger is the Mexicans will shoot you if you look at them wrong. How about the shooting wars they have several times a year, some that started back in Mexico and is kept up even thou they moved to the USA.

Oh lets not forget about the large amount of Mexican tar herion that flows through that town. The tar herion made National news, so that made Yakima became known as the tar herion capital of the USA or was several years ago.

I can put up with ther hop smell and the fruit bums but not the other BS from the Illegal Mexicans or the BS of you have to feel sorry for me as I come from a third world country so give me welfare checks and also allow me to break the law as I don't know any better [:@] [:'(]

Old 04-26-2007, 03:21 PM
Mayfair
Legend

DB, your statemente reminded me of an email that I got a couple of days ago.

Check it out ...

URINE TESTS[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
"Like a lot of folks in this state I have a job. I work, they pay me. I pay my taxes and the government distributes my taxes as it sees fit. In order to get that paycheck, I am required to pass a random urine test, with which I have no problem. [/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
What I do have a problem with is the distribution of my taxes to people who don't have to pass a urine test. Shouldn't one have to pass a urine test to get a welfare check because I have to pass one to earn it for them??[/align][/align]

Please understand, I have no problem with helping people get back on their feet.
I do on the other hand have a problem with helping someone sitting on their *** and buying drugs with my money.[/align][/align]
Could you imagine how much money the state would save if people had to pass a urine test to get a public assistance check?????[/align][/align]
[/align][/align]
Please pass this along if you agree or simply Delete if you don't. Hope you all will pass it along, though. Something has to change in this country and soon!!!!! "[/align][/align][/align]

Old 04-30-2007, 02:30 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

Well, we're back! oh man what a drive... 16 hours to get there (daughter stayed out too late the night before we left... DOH!). Louie did great both ways, he liked shoving his nose up against the dash to smell the cow's & horses along the way... when it finally got old on the way back, I shut the outside vent off on him. Man I never saw a dog loose interest so fast lol. Within a minute or two, he would retire to the back seat for a nap. He was awesome the whole time, well except for when he decides to go take a leak in the middle of the night (5am... not too bad for me) Had to put him on a leash as we were moving T (daughter) into an apartment with her sister. All in all it was a good visit, short but good.

did the mpg measurements as well... 14.4 on the 1st tank, hammering it often and using the TST on 3/2 for some of the steeper grades. was supprised by it, I figured we'd be down in the low 13's. the 2nd tank gave us 14.8 on the flat lands between Roseburg & Silverdale. also not bad considering all the stops we had to make. On the way back being empty we ended up with 18.2 over 350 miles (Silverdale to Roseburg)... pretty damn good I think. previous best along that stretch was mid 17's.

anyways, it's good to be back!

Old 04-30-2007, 03:16 AM
jakebrake
Champion

How'd you enjoy the sunny weather?

Old 04-30-2007, 01:34 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame

it was great, Sat morning was overcast as you probably know but the afternoon was awesome. Took Louie over to a school so he could get some good exercise in and had a blast... (played fetch with a tennis ball).

Quick Reply: Heading back up to WA this weekend...