Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

A few newbie questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007, 03:54 PM
DieselCummin04
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A few newbie questions

Hows everyone doing?

Last nite I purchased a 04 ram slt with the greatest engine 5.9 ho cummins diesel. And I love it.

1. How long can these engines live up to?

2. Is the blow off valve and a waste gate really necessary since diesels run on constant are and they can take as much air. Because ive seen many sites that sell the blow off valve and waste gate. Do I need one to protect my turbo?

3. Who is the best programer, I need one with a fuel economy set up, one for performance and another for towing which I wont do much off. Ive seen the one of rpmoutlet.com that gives use an extra 200hp, its called the "predator/puck stack it kit".

4. who is the best providers for diesel parts and performance parts. The only I could think of is Banks. Who else are good?

Thanks for all the help!!

Old 05-05-2007, 04:37 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: A few newbie questions

Welcome to the "DARK SIDE"

1. If properly maintained (ie. filters filters filters) many happy miles!!

2. If your up to many mods, well the skys the limit on these cummins....

3. Extra 200hp!? Tranny is the weak spot, autos need to be upgraded total rebuild race tranny, manuals need help with clucth packs at least! Best programmer? Its a hit/miss type of thing some like one or another, while others are quick to point out some programers as junk!

4. There are many providers of performance parts some real good some not so good, like programmers. Banks, ATS, BD diesel, NADP these guys provide turbos, trannys, intakes, exhaust, programmers ect ect the latter 2 BD diesel and NADP have a huge line up of after market goodies and knowledgeablestaff to help with any questions.

First IMHO is gauges(need to know whats going on with the stuff under da hood first)then intake/exhaust then go from there. Good luck with your ride and may you have deep pockets for the mods!!!

Quick Reply: A few newbie questions