Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Did a research survey today

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2007 | 06:02 PM
ga_noplugs
|
Default Did a research survey today

Well guys. I got to go give my opinions on a new diesel truck today... Specifically a Dodge Ram.
It was a mock up of a potentially new body style. Here are the highlights..

And before you ask, they confiscated anything electronic before they let you in.. so NO PICS. (sorry Mayfair)[:@]

Body
The hood was big and instead of being smaller at the front it was roughly the same width from front to back. The whole grill area was a good bit larger but with the angles on the sheet metal it still looked like a Ram.
Now for the interesting change, from the side view, the top of the hood was a small bit further out than the part at the bumper. It reminded me a bit of the Dodge Charger.
It took a while but it really grew on me.

I also have to say, looking from the front, it was a REALLY imposing sight. It looks like a freaking monster if its coming at you. The scale /size reminds me of the front of the Super Duty.

If i was riding in a car and this truck came up behind me (especially if it was 4x4), I would want to get out of its way.

The back seat area was larger and it wasnt a Mega Cab.

One of the opinions I gave them was to make the standard bed a little longer. I think they may have taken some bed space for the cab...I dont really know but that was my one complaint. It was a mockup so you couldnt see everything.

Oh yeah,possible options, Power Flip-up Tow Mirrors, Removeable center floor console,

Engine
Now, I didnt get to see anything but the specs we were given was 6.7 liter Cummins V8 350/640.. I dont know if it was a misprint since it was a market reseach company that put this together. Does Cummins even make a V8? I think it was a misprint..

DriveTrain
This was an eye opener..
The Automatic transmission option was;

Allison 6 Speed [sm=drooldude.gif]

Well thats it for now...Ya'll feel free to speculate...

Old 05-05-2007 | 11:58 PM
dieseldan07
Default RE: Did a research survey today

i would like an allison if it didn't limp as much.[:@]

Quick Reply: Did a research survey today