Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

wiper blades chattering

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007 | 11:52 PM
ezbassin
|
Default wiper blades chattering

I can't seem to get the wipers to quit skipping and chattering on the windshield. It has been doing this since the truck was new. Its a 2004 model and I have put many different wiper blades on it, changed both wiper arms and nothing has worked so far. In a couple of places on both sides of the windshield the blades do not touch the glass. The dealer said that this is not a common problem with the Dodge trucks.
Well, its a problem with my truck and I would like to get it fixed. That chattering noise is very irritating.

Do you think the windshield is warped and changing it out might fix the problem. I waxed the windshield to see if that would help and that did not work either.
Anyone have any suggestions on how to resolve this?

Old 05-11-2007 | 12:08 AM
Drew
Professional
Default RE: wiper blades chattering

rain-x

I only have that problem when I first turn my wipers on. . .after that I dont get that skipping

Old 05-11-2007 | 12:32 AM
UpBranchLiner

dont some wipers need to be rubbed with alcohol pads to activate them? worth a try

Old 05-11-2007 | 11:27 AM
Joel_MD
Captain

Try cleaning the glass and wiper blades very thoroughly. Wet the glass, sprinkle Bon Ami cleanser on it, and scrub it with a damp sponge. Rinse it off with water. Clean the wiper blades with rubbing alcohol and a rag. This is what I do for chattering wiper blades.

Old 05-11-2007 | 12:15 PM
donnie
Professional

Another thing you could try that works for me is clean the windshield with a nylon mesh covered sponge, the kind used for nonstick pans.
Then do the alcohol on the wipers.
Iv also used very fine steelwool. this doesnt scratch the glass but does get all the "stuff"off the wiundow so the wipers dont skip.

Quick Reply: wiper blades chattering