Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

diagnostic code help

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2007, 08:23 AM
jeremytn
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default diagnostic code help

hey to everyone hope you can help i have a 2000 2500 buddy let me plug his superchip in of course it wouldnt work but i did a diagnostic on it and it came back with the code looked it up and it said turbo reached capacity what does that mean my dodge has only 64000 on her but i do tow hard with her when its used anyhow hope someone can give me some insight thanks

Old 05-11-2007, 11:27 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: diagnostic code help

do you remember the P number by chance???

Old 05-12-2007, 11:48 PM
jeremytn

hey drew thanks for answering i think it was p0234 i think

Old 05-13-2007, 01:01 AM
FroneDaddy
Captain

P0234 Engine Over Boost Condition

Old 05-13-2007, 11:11 AM
jeremytn

hey fronedaddy thanks yes that was it what it said does that mean i amat risk for anything ? am i at risk for her blowing all to pieces?

Old 05-13-2007, 03:27 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

Sounds to me like someone added some performance stuff, but no boost fooler. Unless you are pulling down a lot of boost it's not something to worry about. The engine will just defuel to try and maintain stock levels. On a 2000 that is around 20 or 20.5 psi I think. I've got an 02 and had a TST chip on it for a long time and it would pull down 36 with no problem. Most of the performance chips do some sort of boost fooling, the TST chip I had capped the signal at 18. Cummins tests these engines at 1000 ft lbs of torque and then detunes them when they ship them to dodge, so the engine is fine running a little more power. If you don't already, I would put in some gauges, fuel pressure, boost, and pyro. The fuel is so you don't wreck your injector pump because that is expensive. The pyro is so you don't melt your turbo which is also expensive. The boost will tell you what your truck is actually running if you are worried about over boost. As long as you are below 45 you don't really have to worry. With a stock turbo you won't be able to break 40 on that year. If you put in those gauges and you see that your truck is trying to pull much over 21 or 22 psi of boost I would put in a boost fooler. You don't have to get a performance chip or anything, I think you can find them for 40 dollars or something. Just my thoughts.

Old 05-13-2007, 04:39 PM
jeremytn

hey rOoster thanks for the info as far is i know about the truck is ive had it for4 yrs and bought it from a older man with no miles on her at all but i think i will add some gauges to start with just to see whhats up a few hundred bucks would maybe save a few thousand then later put a chip in i thought it might have done something to the mechanics of the truck pulling a small dozer around pushing my rpm s up thanks to you and everyone that has took the time to reply

Quick Reply: diagnostic code help