Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

How tuff is your Dodge?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2007 | 10:35 PM
Carl00723
|
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How tuff is your Dodge?

Found out the hard way this morning. Was taking my daughter to the dentist. We were on a three lane freeway and all of a sudden cars started swerving every where. I looked in my rearview to make sure i could stop or go some where if I had too and when I looked back there was a freaking log about 10 inches in diameter laying across three lanes of traffic. Guese which lane was center of it? Yep, the middle lane that I was in. Took it down theright side at 65 mph.Both wheels left pavement then came back down. Was able to regain control and stop about a mile down the road. Checked everything out. looked ok. Pulled off at the next exit and crawled under. No damage to anything. All tires, rims undercarriage all good. Drove it for another 75 miles today and all is ok. Did call and make a report with hwy patrol so that I would be covered if something comes up later or any of those poor people in those little cars need a witness. I wonderhow many little cars behind me tried to do the same thing?The Log truck was about a mile ahead continuing on and didn't know anything happened. God Bless Dodge CTD!

Old 05-14-2007 | 10:57 PM
JimmyDiablo
Champion
Default RE: How tuff is your Dodge?

Way to protect the kid, Glad your daughter is alright also

Old 05-15-2007 | 01:55 AM
squirtbottle09
Record Breaker

What are the specs on your truck? 4x4, lifted?

Old 05-16-2007 | 08:13 PM
Carl00723
|
Rookie

squirtbottle09--- Truck is stock except for a K & N ait filter and silencer ring removed. Soon to come is a Rhino sprayed in liner tho.

Old 05-16-2007 | 10:03 PM
usafr
All Star

I hear ya,,, when my daughter is strapped in her car seat, in the back cab,,, I watch everyone on the road like a hawk. I've already dodged several cars.

Quick Reply: How tuff is your Dodge?