Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

WOOOT!!!!! FTW!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2007, 12:48 AM
NickBeek
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WOOOT!!!!! FTW!!!!!

If your looking for a toy hauler that size I would consider a 5th wheel instead of the travel trailer. I am on my second travel trailer and could kick myself every time I hook up to it that I didn't get the 5th wheel. They are easier to hook up and tow better especially with weight in the back vs a travel trailer.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:30 AM
Cobra909

You got that right Nick! 5'er will give you better pulling, better handling, less sway and tighter turn radius. Nice truck; just got mine a week ago; can't post pics for another week though.

Old 05-30-2007, 06:56 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

5th wheeler is also concidered a part of the truck, not just a trailer.

note: when haulin 5th wheel. check ALL connections after lengthy visitsat truck stop locations. some 18 wheelers hate the idea of 5th wheelers and will pull pins, cables, and such to f@#* with you!

Old 05-30-2007, 10:49 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Thanks guys. Will likely end up with a 5th wheel then. I have a huge lis of dream mods for the rig, but like I said earlier, I have to start paying on it for a bit first, but eventually I wish that it will have:

-Complete Banks Six Gun Kit
-Road Armor bumpers front and rear with the front having a 12,000 lb Warn Winch
-Bumpers and rockers "rhino lined" Black
-upgraded stereo
-3" Korr Suspension
-35's
-50 Gallon Transfer tank in the bed
-more gauges

I am sure the list will only get longer and more expensive

Old 05-30-2007, 12:23 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

be carefull about that banks kit. . .it is good, however you can piece together stuff that will cost less and make more power. . .case in point, I dyno'd my truck not long ago and made just a hair over 390hp before my stock clutch said NO MOREand I still have power settings left on my TST. another guy with a banks w/speed loader on a similar truck made a bit over 380hp with the banks chip all the way up. Nick will agree with me. . .he was there

anyway, another thing you will need to pay attention to is your 3" lift w/35's. you dont want to get too high where you wont be able to manuver that 5vr over bumps and stuff without binding up on the bed or tail gate.

Old 05-30-2007, 11:50 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Drew is right on all counts.

My next camper will be a 5er, that's why my wheels and suspension are staying stock. I'm working on convincing the misses we need it right now.

Old 06-02-2007, 04:28 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

The wife and I went "looking" for a used truck one weekend and ended up buying a brand new one instead. Kinda funny how stuff like that happens
It's not funny - - my hubby needs to go into rehab for his car buying habits. We've been married for 8 years and he has had almost 20 vehicles. Some of them for less than 6 weeks.

It does me no go to say NO or even get pissed but still the man has a problem.

Old 06-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: lilfroger

8 years and he has had almost 20 vehicles
He's single handidly taking care of the whole depreciation problem for the entire state of Washington !!

I'd LOVE to be around on one of his trade in days !! I'd also love to be his dealer. I could send 10 kids to HARVARD on his habbit alone !!

Old 06-02-2007, 03:25 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's not funny - - my hubby needs to go into rehab for his car buying habits. We've been married for 8 years and he has had almost 20 vehicles. Some of them for less than 6 weeks.
Sounds like OVD syndrome, Obsessive Vehicle Disorder...If you haven't already, take him to your local Cummins doctor.

Quick Reply: WOOOT!!!!! FTW!!!!!