Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

dealers know jack

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2007, 01:00 AM
bigblack03
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dealers know jack

Just got my 03 ctd back from the dealer for the hard starting when warm issue. Four days later still has the same problem!!! Thousands of dollars in diagnostic equiptment and they still haven't figured out what i know. It won't start when its warm! How do I get in contact with CUMMINS? Help me, i've always hated dealing with dealerships!

Old 06-03-2007, 01:04 AM
cumminalong
Default RE: dealers know jack

Cummins won't do warranty work on any of the engines that are installed in the Dodge Ram's.....something in the contract.

What you need to do is contact the district or regional rep and get them involved.

Your biggest issue will be that you are outside the Lemon Law period, so basically they can bring it in and out as many times as they want.

Try a different dealer. No all of the them actually have a Diesel Tech that works there. They usually have one or two in the area and they float from dealer to dealer. No sense in paying a diesel tech to change oil when you can have the local drop out flunky doing it.

Old 06-03-2007, 02:35 AM
speakle
All Star

ORIGINAL: cumminalong

No sense in paying a diesel tech to change oil when you can have the local drop out flunky doing it.
Exactly why I change my own oil and do as much of my own work as possible.

Old 06-03-2007, 03:06 AM
moconst
Veteran

Im with cumminalong, Try and find a different dealer to work with and see what they have to say.

Old 06-03-2007, 11:45 AM
bigblack03

I hear ya, the only reason I take it to the dealer is for warranty work, should have just done it myself

Quick Reply: dealers know jack