Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

RE: TRANSMISSION

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2007, 03:26 AM
99cummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: TRANSMISSION

hey I just posted not too long ago about my 99 2500, well the tranny went out and it took them forever to look at it and I called them and he said the warranty company came to look at it and it wasn't under warranty, they supposedly fixed it and charged me 250 bucks for something I never authorized!! But wait the best part is to come, 1 week 400 miles later the tranny fails again, they said they tightened the bands on the tranny and did a flush, but when I looked on the dipstick the fluid looked and smelt burnt so I doubt they did anything but add non slip lucas oil or something, I'm so pissed off, lucky enough for me I work construction and one of the diesel mechanics I went to school with at my work offered to build me a bullet proof tranny for 1,500 so in about a week I should have a nice strong tranny so can't complain too much I guess.

Old 06-04-2007, 03:45 AM
RobertDunn
Professional

Personnally I'd ask for a refund, IIRC isn't there a 30 day warrenty on all repair work?

Old 06-04-2007, 03:50 AM
moconst
Veteran

Ya take it back, they have to cover it.

Quick Reply: RE: TRANSMISSION