Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

lots of questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2007, 05:24 PM
pngmotoman
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lots of questions

Well i'm new to the CTD and i want to put more power into it (of course). What i was wondering what is better to get a torque convertor or a valve body to handle the little extra i want to get (exhaust, intake and edge). If either which type do you guys like?? then also wanted to know where to get a good price on the Edge w/attitude??

Also looking at getting a leveling kit and i'm really impressed with the Kore products. I have been looking for a price on the kit and cant find anything all i have seen is people sasying how expencive they are but not what they payed. Hope this is not to much just lots of questions i dont want to throw down all this money and then start breaking stuff i'm just a low ranking airman.

Old 06-27-2007, 05:49 PM
SpLaT
Captain
Default RE: lots of questions

Welcome to the "Dark Side".....

First off, what kind of driving conditions do you expect?... normal driving pavement/gravel roads, some off roading or lots of off roading? Guages should be your first upgrade... boost, pryo, fuel pressure and tranny temp( I perfer the analog gauges over the digital). Then if you just want to run larger tires a cheap +/- $200.00 leveling kit allow you to run 33"-35" tires. For some more agressive offroading or washboard roads a Kore Chase system (gives you about 50% more travel over stock)will run ya about $2500 to $2900.00. Next would be intake and exhaust as for the exhaust I dumped the cat and stock muffler to open it up, with factory 4" pipe.. its pretty much all I need. A cheap and good addition of 70hp is the Predator chip around $400.00 this chip won't require you to upgrade the tranny which with a torque convertor and VB could easily run $2000 to $3500.00 or better yet get a "race or built" tranny for around $5000.00. The predator chip will give you better fuel economy and the extra HP/torque for a basic set up.

Good luck with your CTD!

Old 06-27-2007, 05:59 PM
pngmotoman
Rookie

i live in alaska so i go down lots on dirt roads. that is why i was looking into the kore because it changes the springs up front instead of putting the spacer in. thanks for the info.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:15 PM
R0oster31
Veteran

I picked up my edge w/attitude for 650 from autoanything. I've got the 6 speed though as do my buddies, so I don't know much about the autos.

Elmendorf? I wouldn't mind getting stationed there in a couple years.

Old 06-27-2007, 06:26 PM
pngmotoman
Rookie

Eielson but elmo would be better. on auto anything the cheapest i can find for the juice w/ attitude is 899.10. did you have to call direct??

Never mind just saw you have a 02 and looks like they are cheaper than the 06

Quick Reply: lots of questions