Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

safety switch bypass

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2007, 12:08 AM
tunaram
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default safety switch bypass

I have a 00 3500 4x4 with a 5 spd and, I want to bypass my neutral safety switchI'm wondering the best way to do it other than just cutting the wires to the switch and mating them together any suggestions?

Old 07-05-2007, 12:40 AM
R0oster31
Veteran
Default RE: safety switch bypass

I don't know what the connection to the sensor looks like, but if it is a snap together connector like most of the ones on the truck you could just find the side that is the same as the sensor and just jump the wires on that. That way it would just be a cap sort of thing and if you wanted to change the sensor later down the road you could just take the cap off and hook it back to the sensor. I'd look at how the sensor works though because it might send a certain voltage and expect a certain voltage back, aka you would need some sort of resistor to send the correct voltage back and just jumping the wires wouldn't work. Those types of sensors aren't usually just a two position sort of thing though.

Old 07-05-2007, 04:49 PM
tunaram

cool thanks I will try that

Old 07-05-2007, 08:31 PM
jakebrake
Champion

The sensor is just a switch. Open and closed. You can use a piece of wire and tape it up so it won't fallout

Quick Reply: safety switch bypass