Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

72 ABS code & Cab Module

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 06:52 PM
NJ Diesel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 72 ABS code & Cab Module

A friend is checking out my 99 CTD (122,000) because my ABS, brake light and speedo are acting up. We had it diagnosed as a RWSS, rear wheel speed sensor. When he plugged it into the scanner, he said there was a message that the Cummins computer was not talking to the Dodge computer. He also said the scanner showed a 72abs code and that the cab module needed to be replaced.
We called the local Dodge service department and the tech said that the modules seldom go bad he does 6 or 7 RWSS for every cab module. He said this should eliminate the lights and (module) code. Is this correct?
Also I have heard that if the module goes bad the dealer has to do at $500+ just for the part, then they have to flash/program it to fit your model, tires, Vin, etc.
So, at this point we are pretty confused, any experience with this or ideas?

Old 07-13-2007, 06:56 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: 72 ABS code & Cab Module

programming it. .. yup, it has to be vehicle specific for some reason. . .first thing I would do is to replace the speed sensor, then try and reflash the computer to get them to talk.

Old 07-14-2007, 05:48 PM
NJ Diesel
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 72 ABS code & Cab Module

Replaced the RWSS, cleared the codes and all is well. Still don't know why the Cab Module kept reading that it needed to be replaced.

Quick Reply: 72 ABS code & Cab Module