Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

before I list >>>>

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 12:16 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: before I list >>>>

ORIGINAL: speakle

Kids really arent that expensive unless you buy them all kinds of crap like I have a tendency to do.

[IMG]local://upfiles/40422/0E455834233E4C978B7B400407834CB1.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/40422/70ACED55AA7F45039FCF7D74FF40B70E.jpg[/IMG]
Kids aren't butmy wifeis

Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

Sharxs, you were complaing about yur stock turbo, now would be a good time to up grade[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
[sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif] it's brand new brotha[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif]

Old 07-17-2007, 12:30 AM
Bigriver

ORIGINAL: triton

ORIGINAL: jakebrake

Sharxs, you were complaing about yur stock turbo, now would be a good time to up grade[sm=icon_stickpoke.gif]
[sm=popcorn.gif][sm=popcorn.gif] it's brand new brotha[sm=icon_ladiesman.gif] Hey Triton, If ya can, please educate me on turbo 101. How's your turbo for sale different than a stock. No doubt that it is, I'm learning as I go. I'm somewhat interested. Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing your truck rolling again.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:36 AM
jakebrake
Champion

the HTT 64/71/14 turbo is gonna push more air at lower boost than the stocker. PSI isn't what makes power, air volume does. When you get into the higher psi, the air get hotter from being compressed. This is where an aftermarket turbo helps. The 64/71/14 is gonna be goodup toabout a 450rwhp truck. It's still a towable turbo and you'll have fairly good low throttle response with it. I believe 12mm headstuds are recommended for it though. But I know someone whose selling some

Old 07-17-2007, 12:43 AM
sharx ram
Champion

I wish I could help, but my mechanic has already picked out my turbo, but I have to restud my head....what do you want for the studs?

Old 07-17-2007, 12:44 AM
Bigriver

Hey Jake..........what was it that Cumminalong had mentioned in the "Show of Force 2007" video........it's a fevor. First a filter, then an exhaust, and the list goes on. Do I need a new turbo, likely not, but it'd be cool to keep playin in this game. Thanks for the tech description on this model. I'm not lookin to race, the reason I bought this truck was to tow a heavy camper. But on the other hand, down the line, I can see upgrading those other componets.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:46 AM
triton
Record Breaker

Hey Triton, If ya can, please educate me on turbo 101. How's your turbo for sale different than a stock. No doubt that it is, I'm learning as I go. I'm somewhat interested. Thanks and I'm looking forward to seeing your truck rolling again.
There's quite a big difference in the two. The turbo for sale has a larger compressor wheel ( will move more air ), it has a larger compressor housing ( will intake more air ) and a larger exhaust housing ( will move more air out ). It's rated for 525 to 600hp & 1200ft lbsTQ. It will allow you to run 50lbs of boost and more. It may spool a tad bit slower than the stocker but, from what i've read, not by much. Not quite sure what the stocker is rated at but, it's not a good size turbo to move a lot of air and heat if the truck is muh more than stock.

I'm not an expert on turbo by any means. I've done a ton of reading on them though and for anyone to really learn about them... I'd say to do the same. Go to the turbo manufaturers sites, do searches on different forums and even goggle them. It's mind boggling what you can learn.

Old 07-17-2007, 12:56 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

I wish I could help, but my mechanic has already picked out my turbo, but I have to restud my head....what do you want for the studs?
but you're paying for it... don't let him pick it out ! :-) Ok, this is a deal of the century...... I'll sell them both for 2K + shipping. Believe me, I've looked and there's NO WHERE you will find ARP studs and a HTT turbo for that price. Offer is open to the first PM or email or a dibbs post here ;-)

Otherwise.... the turbo is as stated $1625 + shipping & the studs are $385 + shipping

Just think, with the ten bucks you can save by buying both, you can buy some beers for the install [sm=icon_guiness.gif]

Old 07-17-2007, 01:10 AM
speakle
All Star

Or some really nice polyurethane pads for the feet of his walker.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:16 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: speakle

Or some really nice polyurethane pads for the feet of his walker.
Yeah I think he has been using tennis *****

Quick Reply: before I list >>>>