Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

one deisel

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 02:15 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: one deisel

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

that sounds crazy nccummins, when i was looking for a diesel i went to the ford dealer also and i just walked up to a normal sales dude and told him what i was looking for, he talked me out of a diesel saying that theye were no good and then looked at me weird ans asked why do you NEED a diesel? why do i need a diesel? lol..... thats crazy thinking aint it?
This is America, you don't buy it cuz you need it, you buy it cuz you want it and its better than what your neighboor has, damnit!

Old 07-27-2007, 02:19 PM
CutterW
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sounds crazy nccummins, when i was looking for a diesel i went to the ford dealer also and i just walked up to a normal sales dude and told him what i was looking for, he talked me out of a diesel saying that theye were no good and then looked at me weird ans asked why do you NEED a diesel? why do i need a diesel? lol..... thats crazy thinking aint it?
Another thing, is the guy said Diesels are no good. Well No S**T. ITS A FORD. Gotta go Dodge and Cummins. The dealers out here are like 60 diesel/40 gassers just cause all the farmers. They ask why you need Gas out here

Old 07-27-2007, 02:23 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

ORIGINAL: CutterW

Another thing, is the guy said Diesels are no good. Well No S**T. ITS A FORD. Gotta go Dodge and Cummins. The dealers out here are like 60 diesel/40 gassers just cause all the farmers. They ask why you need Gas out here
When I went looking (with no intent to buy) at new trucks, the sales people don't try to talk me out of a diesel, they just try to make a sale by saying, "Well, a Cummins is out of your price range, but we can put you in a nice half-ton." Sorry guys, just looking for my future new-to-me used truck.

Old 07-27-2007, 05:49 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

dodgerules is apsolutly correct, i have not been in a situation yet that i couldent of handled with a half ton gas truck like i just came from, but somthing about the shake/smell and power of a diesel is why im MY mind i need one! im here in the city so diesels make up only about 5-10% of pickups from what i see. i bought mine a year old and for me to find a used diesel truck that had a long box i traveled an hour and 10 minutes to get to a dealer that had one. needless to say i dont need this truck but it is america like dodgerules said and YES my truck is better than my neibors!

Old 07-27-2007, 08:07 PM
Ben D.
Champion

There are two dealers near me. One is a dodge only and the other is a full chrysler/jeep/dodge. the dodge only dealership knows wtf they are doing. They have one small section in there lot for cars i'd say mebbe 45 cars. and they have i'd say over 200 trucks. 150 of them being diesel and 100 of those diesel being decked out six speed manuals. They told me "we stopped carrying as many hemi's because we were getting too many trade ins of them for a cummins" he then went on to say this which I love "Dodge pickup trucks have become the status symbol in america for what a real man drives"

Old 07-27-2007, 09:47 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

i wanta see that dealer!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:54 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

"Dodge pickup trucks have become the status symbol in america for what a real man drives".....thats a great line!

Old 07-28-2007, 08:04 AM
Ben D.
Champion

It's Lancaster Dodge, located in lancaster pennsylvania. When i was there last week they had the entire lot full of trucks and they have a giant lot about the size of ooo two football fields filled with HD rams.

Old 07-28-2007, 11:47 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

the 7th i head back down to NC and wil b one 81and 84 in Penn....might have to go check it out!!!!

Old 07-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Ben D.
Champion

yea dude definately go. They have this reallllyyyyyy nice CTD that i'm hopin to buy. It's a 2500 qcsb 4x4 thunderroad 6.7L and six speed manual in that nice patriot blue color. man it's sexy. O yea and the same salesman i was talking to was also saying about how crappy the fords are. He was like "yea this guy came in an traded a 07 6.0L for a CTD ,ford had 5k miles on it. he's lucky it was till running after that amount of time." This guy was like the coolest salesman in teh world.

Quick Reply: one deisel