Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7 is the one for me!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 01:29 PM
RamFreak
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6.7 is the one for me!

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

ORIGINAL: 07CTDPOWER

ORIGINAL: Drew

nice to look at on the side of the road. . .the new SD Fords look like poopy if you ask me. . .remind me too much of the family truckster queen from National Lampoons vacation.
lol I agree Drew, I thought that they wereumm"ok" looking for a few years but the new SuperDuty's look really really bad. And the new Chevy's.... wow lol what were they thinking???[sm=wtf.gif]
yea in all honesty I agree with you guys as well. the older chevy's and fords as in before this year were decent looking. but now I mean honestly wtf. My neighbor got one and I laughed teh first time I saw it. His front bumper is sooo low it almost bottoms out when pulling out of his driveway.
LOL that is funny, who in their right mind would want a HD truck that has problems with driveways. [8D]

Old 07-27-2007, 01:57 PM
dodgerules86
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wouldnt mind seeing the Dak guys getting the 4.6L under the hood. . .that would be a heck of a sleeper.
Yea, that would be a good seller. I'd snap one up the second or third model year for sure.

ORIGINAL: Tommygunz
We have a couple 08 fords in our fleet we just got here on the base. We all agree that they look like an Ugly ford truck had sex with a retarded baluga whale. I have no idea how that truck got through design. It's friggin ugly.
We've got one or two running around my base. They look flat out retarded, with the parking lamps located above the headlights (they have theXL models, so it doesn't have the DRL's or whatever are located above the parking lamps on the other models).
That and the huge emblem forward of the passenger and driver doors that looks like its missing two pieces (as circled in provided picture).
But, thats Ford for ya.
I guess they think they make up for crappy engineering and styling by being "the company with the most 5-star safety rated vehicles". (But, behold, crash tests are done at 35MPH into a "fixed barrier" which the government claims "is equivalent to a head-on collision between two similar vehicles each moving at 35 mph" [call me stupid, but 35+35 doesn't equal 35])

[IMG]local://upfiles/948/B0BC9C507990476EABF99A51C145B6FB.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

in the mind of the gov't 35+35 does equal 35. . .it is mind boggling. . .and yes I even work for the gov't. atleast the people I work with on a daily basis work. . . .for the most part

I guess part of the design features of the truck came from being able to remove the cab easily to gain acess to the engine for repairs.

you do know Ford is finaly in the black right. . . cause most of the poeple have wised up, and dropped CTD's under the hood or completely gotten rid of the truck and gotten something else

Old 07-27-2007, 02:20 PM
dodgerules86
Champion

in the mind of the gov't 35+35 does equal 35. . .it is mind boggling. . .and yes I even work for the gov't. atleast the people I work with on a daily basis work. . . .for the most part
Haha... for some of my co-workers, I can't say the same thing. (In fact, we got talked to last night about that exact thing).

I thought Ford was back in the black because they laid off all their lazy workers (designers, engineers, people that make their ads), not that anyone would be able to tell the differance.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Mayfair
Legend

I guess part of the design features of the truck came from being able to remove the cab easily to gain acess to the engine for repairs.
Whadda ya mean ??
Does the whole front end tilt up like a big rig?

Old 07-27-2007, 02:25 PM
dodgerules86
Champion

ORIGINAL: Mayfair

Whadda ya mean ??
Does the whole front end tilt up like a big rig?
Haha... I don't think so Mayfair, but they should definitly look into that for all Ford products.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Drew
Professional

they basicaly use the lift to pull the entire cab off the frame. sad thing is it was made this way with quick disconnects going into the cab. only PITA is the A/C system and having to draw out the freon.

Old 07-27-2007, 02:45 PM
dodgerules86
Champion

Wow... and I thought you were joking.
They should use a bunch of camlocks, I mean, that and little screws are just about all that hold my planes together. (That, 550 cord., double bubble, and hopes and dreams).

Old 07-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Drew
Professional

I dont think I am 100% on this, but there are 6-8 bolts holding the cab to the frame. those bolts come out, undo the quick dissconnects, pull the A/C system and use some straps to some lift points on the bottom of the cab and lift.

a similar procedure has to be done to the 6.0's to pull the heads off. only instead of yanking the whole cab off they just pull the mounting bolts and lift it up enough to gain acess to the head through the wheel well.

Old 07-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Mayfair
Legend

What about the steering?