Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

HELP! Fuel Delivery Error Code

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 09:03 PM
jresendi
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Fuel Delivery Error Code

I was driving my 06 CTD andwas just about home fom a long tripwhen my truck suddenly lost power and the check engine light came on. i checked it out and it is a fuel delivery error code .If I even attemp to accelerate hard it stalls out and blows black smoke out. After this happend it has been having trouble starting. The damn dealer cant get me in for another 2 weeks so im stuck with a problem. Any one have any ideas what the prblem could be. I appreciate all the info!

Old 07-27-2007, 09:06 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: HELP! Fuel Delivery Error Code

when is the last time you changed your fuel filter ? That very likely could be your only problem.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 PM
jresendi

Thats what i thougth the problem was too, but it wasnt. It was dirty and i did put a new one in, but I still have the problem.

Old 07-27-2007, 09:19 PM
triton
Record Breaker

well, another possiblity would be the screen in the tank is clogged ( you'd have to drop the tank to see ) but, you may be able to use some additive to clean it up. Your lift pump could be going bad ( a gauge would help here ) not real likely on a 06 though.

What is the code you're getting #

The black smoke when you floor it does mean you're getting fuel threw but, the fact it's stalling could mean it's being over fueled. I think the resident Cummins mechanic will have to step in with more. I don't think you have a serious problem though.

Quick Reply: HELP! Fuel Delivery Error Code