Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

What to do for more power?

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2007, 10:45 AM
Black03dodge
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do for more power?

I have a 03 dodge 24v auto. The dealer told me that it was a 250hp 460tq. I have put a CAI, 4 in turbo back, and a CFM intake that goes into the head. Im debating on getting that banks six-gun with PDA but i dont know? I just want my truck to have power to pull like 4 sec 0-60 and pull anything. Also with my intake when it goes from drive to overdrive it makes a sound like the turbo is blowing off pressure through the turbo and not the blow off valve? I hope you know what i mean by that. Also will that new 68rfe tranny fit on my truck?

Old 07-28-2007, 12:18 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts
Default RE: What to do for more power?

welcome to DF...

Yeah I know what your talking about... we call it turbo bark, it's not good and you will want to let off the throttle a tad to drop boost right before it shifts. it's basiclly alot of air that has no place to go and puts pressure up on the turbo stopping it in it's tracks so to speak.

I'd look at the TST or Edge products for power... they both work well and have built in's to protect against overboost & high egt's...

Old 07-28-2007, 01:12 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

Look into the Edge Juice w/ Attitude or Edge EZ w/ guages. Both will give you power. Juice more than the EZ. There is also the Smarty Programmer. Gives alot of power and can download tunes from the thier website when new versions come out.

I don't think you can swap out your tranny for 68Rfe. Unless you can swap out the PCM and wiring will co- exist. Your best bet is upgrade your current tranny. Call around DTT, BD Performance, Goerend Bros., Suncoast to just name a few. Tell them how you use your truck. They should recommend only what you need for the upgrade. Then go from there to pick.

Old 07-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I'd take goerend off that list. He won't build a tranny for you unless ur gonna be dumping a huge amount of money in it. He didn't really wanna build triton's tranny for him but I guess triton was able to talk him into it. and you see how much triton has done to his truck. but everyone else is good for trannies.

Old 07-28-2007, 02:09 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

I'd take goerend off that list. He won't build a tranny for you unless ur gonna be dumping a huge amount of money in it. He didn't really wanna build triton's tranny for him but I guess triton was able to talk him into it. and you see how much triton has done to his truck. but everyone else is good for trannies.
Actually Ben, Goerend builds one of the best trannies out there .... bar none. It's Garmon you're thinking of who also is probably one of the best diesel mechanics out there. I think he's let that get to his head though, which is why he costs what he does and found it easy to turn me down for the engine build.

I would definitely recommend any one of the big name diesel trannies companies, the problem is, unless you live close to one you have to rely on finding a shop locally that sells the manufacturer you pick to use as your components.

Personally, I had to drive 3 hrs. for my tranny build and my truck is now 7hrs away for the engine build. Ya have to do what ya have to do

Old 07-28-2007, 02:23 PM
firemansdodge
Professional

ORIGINAL: Ben D.

There are people out there that just get a tc and vb done by Goerend all the time. He is probably the best fair price for such a simple upgrade compared to the others. That's is my experience when I called all of them. I decided to go w/ BD Performance because of the reputation of the diesel shop owner and his mechanics. It has been flawless. I paid acouple hundreds more for my tc and vb than Goerends quote. I just did not want to be out of a truck for acouple of weeks compared to 2 days @ Kens Imler Diesel in Sacramento (60 min from me).

Old 07-28-2007, 03:20 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

hey....the guys on the forum gave me this website to get some more power! check it out!

http://www.tstproducts.com/index.asp

welcome to DF!

Quick Reply: What to do for more power?