Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

has anyone heard of this additive

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 02:32 PM
mgjjsmith
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default has anyone heard of this additive

I had a mech tell me about a fuel additive to try it is called Diesel 911 he said it is really good to use but I just wanted to see if anyone else has heard of this or maybe used it and could tell me if it really works or not.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:37 PM
Methos
Veteran
Default RE: has anyone heard of this additive

I could be mistaken, but I believe 911 is to reliquify fuel that has gelled.

Old 07-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you are right dennis.

it is made by Power Service and there are three different types. the grey bottle for the summer time, the white bottle for the winter that will keep Diesel from gelling down to a lower temp, and the 911 is basicaly alcohol to de-gell diesel.

Old 07-30-2007, 06:23 PM
kg1687
Veteran

Hey drew. quick dump question for a dumb guy like myself. Why would you need to degel in the summer time???? Unless you lived in antartica. Even part of alaska melts during the summer. I'm confused [8D]Is it a pretty good additve. I was asking where i could find PS in another forum, is this just another form of it or is PS a completely different thing.

Old 07-31-2007, 08:43 AM
Silverline
Veteran

911 is made by Power Service, but its used for fuel that's already gelled and can really help get your truck running if it has gelled. Power Service also makes additives for the winter and summer. The winter additive comes in a white bottle and helps with anti-gelling and also clean injectors, lubes, and boosts cetane. Then for summer there's the gray bottle which doesn't have any anti-gel characteristics but has the cleaners, etc in it. You can pick them up (all three) at Wal-Mart, TSC, of any given truck stop most of the time.

Old 08-01-2007, 10:28 PM
SnowRider1

The 911 additive is great to get un-gelled, even at -25! That is where we learned about it. If you live where it is below 0 anytime in the winter, have a bottle with you. My brother runs a big rig in North Dakota and said with the lsd and ulsd, some of the rigs are starting to gell by the time the temp gets to 0! And those guys get 5, 6, or 7 mpg.That is not good if you are gelling when you burn a gallon of fuel every 7 minutes. And they return much more fuel to the tank than we ever do!

Quick Reply: has anyone heard of this additive