Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

20% a Good Place to Start

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:00 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 20% a Good Place to Start

The sad part is for me any way is that I have a new Bio plant 17 from my house, but the closest place I can buy Bio at is 28 miles round trip to a town that I never drive too [:@] Oh and the Bio they sell when they have it cost $0.25 more a gallon then regular diesel [] I wish IA would do what MN did and make all diesel fuel sold be blended to a minimum of B-2. If we all could get B-2 or better fuel we would no longer need to add lube to protect our fuel systems

Old 08-07-2007, 04:07 PM
UpBranchLiner

Didnt MN have a bunch of problems with big rigs plugging filters a few years ago? I thought they lifted the mandate for that winter.

Old 08-07-2007, 04:18 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: UpBranchLiner

Didnt MN have a bunch of problems with big rigs plugging filters a few years ago? I thought they lifted the mandate for that winter.

that probably would have been the Bio dissolving the goo at the bottom of the tanks, then that goo from all the #2 they burned getting into the filters. normaly big rigs have a fuel heater in the tanks then keeps the fuel from gelling in cold temps.

Old 08-08-2007, 01:07 PM
DBLR
Record Breaker

Yes they had a problem last winter but they said it was caused by some Bio maker who turned out Bio that was not up to normal fuel standard. They also used some anti gel additives in the Bio that was not compatable with Bio fuel and that too caused some problems. I guess we will all see this winter if they got it all corrected or not and if they didn't then the Bull droppings will hit the fan big time in MN.

Old 08-08-2007, 04:04 PM
halfdozenbuzzin
Professional

I'm able to buy B5 at one station in my town. Whats wierd is that the pump is not labeled as bio-diesel or priced any differently.. It's a pay-at-the-pump place and on the receipt it states "B5" or else you wouldn't even know it was BD. It's also a station listed on the bio-diesel website as selling B5. AsI understand it.. bio-diesel is the one biofuel that is equal to (or better than)the petrol product it replaces. The government should be pushing it more than ethanol as an alternative fuel!!

Quick Reply: 20% a Good Place to Start