Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Diesel or Diesel - That is the question!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 04:18 AM
kg1687
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Diesel or Diesel - That is the question!

K. To the engine and such regular diesel won't hurt anything. But the emissions it'll probably clog up. That or it'll burn it out and you will be able to run opened up not sure. Not familer with it. But I know people who run off of red diesel. Probably diesel at it's purist form. They're trucks run fine. If not better. But.... They're also running straight pipes so.... Guess you can find out. But from what I hear the particulate filters on the 6.7 are clogging withULSD I mean it's half of one dozen to the other. I personally feel that it wouldn't do any more harm than running ULSD but that's my 2 cents. I've kinda got an attitude if it's going to happen it's going to happen why worry about it. But i'm happy i'm running a 5.9 with out the particulate filter So if I wanted to I could run farm diesel which is very illeagle but I could! Don't really like people being like. You need to run this because we say so because we want you too. Guess my buddies would be s.o.l. Running around checking water pipes. Oh **** low on fuel not going to be able to make it to town. Well I guess we can run farm diesel. Would you? Run farm diesel or walk 20 miles to the nearest station or call for a ride?

Quick Reply: Diesel or Diesel - That is the question!