Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Removing Seat Skins

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 08:03 PM
RyEnFF31
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Removing Seat Skins

I am wanting to remove my seat skins to: 1). Clean and stain guard, and 2). Add more padding material . Anyone have any suggestions or directions to removing the skin?Does the seat back skin even come off?

Old 08-20-2007, 08:07 PM
RobertDunn
Professional
Default RE: Removing Seat Skins

There's been a post on this earlier, when guys were having problems with lower seat padding... the seat skins peel off, someone else can discribe it better, but they come off easily.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Watermelon
Captain
Default RE: Removing Seat Skins

I would suggest getting the seats steam cleaned first b4 trying to remove the covers unless you have plenty of patience. First you have to remove the seats from the vehicle. You will need some help lifting them cause the drivers and the passenger are tied together. The bottom panel is pretty self explanatory. You will need hog rings and pliers to reinsert the cover. The back panel is a real **** unless youve done it b4. You will need to actually take the back off of the bottom frame to do the job. Then you will have to roll the cover off of the back part and reinstall the same way. Thre are also fasteners and rods holding the cover down so pay attention when you are removing them.Good luck and chime in if you have trouble.

Quick Reply: Removing Seat Skins