Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Transmission upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2007, 02:21 PM
moparmike
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission upgrades

Ok, so I don't have a million posts like some of you but I do religiously check the forum and read the posts.I have a 2006 2500 with the edge/attitude programer. Everything else is stock. I was coming home one night and pulled up next to a Mitsubishi EVO (one of those turbo awd rally car things). I turned the edge to level 5 and clicked her into 4wd. I started powerbraking a little, just enough to smoke out the EVO. The EVO starts reving up. I brought up the RPM's to about 2000 when the light turned green. I pulled away from the EVO just enough to lay some more smoke on him. I know he was trying, I could hear his turbo spooled and the blow off valve when he shifted. When he shifted to 3rd, that's when he finally caught back up and started to pass. I lifted of coarse. Didn't want to look bad. My question is, what can I do to get my trans up to speed. I hate the torque converter with a passion. The stall speed is way to high for a diesel. I've seen the controlers from BD and was wonderingif that's something I sould get. I'd love to replace the whole tranny and converter but that can't happen without a sponsor. I thinkif I had a lower stall converter and a lock up controller,my truck would be alot faster. I'd bet thefuel mileagewould go up also. I see alot of post on making power but little on transmission mods.I have enough power, now I want to put it to the ground and use it.

Thanks for the input,

Moparmike

Old 08-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Transmission upgrades

valve body upgrade and get one of them fancy dual, or even tripple disk converters. oh, and geta billetinput shaft as well. with just the edge that should hold things just fine. . .till you weld the clutch pack together.

Quick Reply: Transmission upgrades