Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

WTB - 5th Wheel Slider Hitch...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 05:20 AM
Bigriver
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WTB - 5th Wheel Slider Hitch...

I have the Pullrite 16k Superglide hitch and I cannot say enough good about this item. Well, except that it's very heavy, which in a way says alot about the meat behind the construction. I use it to pull a very heavy 16k 5'ver and it's likely maxed out in the weight catogory. If the 18 were available when I purchased last year, I'd have gone with the larger one. As for the function and ease of use, it couldn't be any easier. Just back up and concentrate on where you're going. I also have the detachable rails which when I'm finished vacationing , I simply, and with a few grunts of lifting, remove everything for a completely flat rear bed. I have a golf cart for my kids, that has a fold down rear seat, that doubles as a rear deck. It's not really very difficult, to pick up a few inches, and slide over the base over to the golf cart's deck. From there I drive it over into the garage and slide it over again to a shop cart for storage. Now, there are 4 holes in the bed about 1&1/2" diameter, but when I lay the rubber mat down, you'd never know a hitch was there. When I have backed up in a severe angle, I of course watch closely the distance from the camper to the rear window. It does come close, but has never touched. I've done a fair amount of camping in the past year, and I have seen more than a few broken rear windows patched and taped up. Just ask yourself, what is peace of mind worth? Just my opinion of an item I have and really enjoy using. I purchased mine from PPL Motorhomes in Houston, TX. Here is their link. http://www.pplmotorhomes.com/parts/r...superglide.htm I installed it myself, wasn't all that difficult. I contacted the company, and they e-mailed the intructions so I could go over them completely before the hitch arrived. Found that their costomer service was very good to work with. Good luck with your discision and below are a few pic's to check out. __________________________________________________ ______________________________

Old 08-24-2007, 08:01 AM
KenZ
Veteran

I haven't used a slider hitch but can attest to the quality of the Pullrite hitch as I use a 20.5 pullrite superfifth hitch. Yes they are heavy, but are built solid as a rock. What I did hear about there slider is that if you don't lube the rails occasionally, they will bind and bend. Just lube once in a while and all is fine. What sold me on the pullrite is that instead of a bar or "locking jaws" that surround the king pin, it has one jaw that circles 140 degrees around the pin. When it locks in, its there. There is also tighter clearences than my old hitch (RBW). My first fifth wheel/truck combo was a '97 chevy short box and 24' coachmen camper. No issues with the camper and standard hitch, just issues with to short of truck. Am now on my 3rd long box dually. If I upgrade my 5'er one more time I'll have to visit the Freightliner store! At least I can still get a Cummins!

Old 08-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Twoforme2
Veteran

If you are still looking for one, the guy I bought mine from on e-bay has some more listed

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Pullr...spagenameZWDVW

1800 bucks is about as cheap as you will find it, complete with rails that is. nice thing about the Dodge is it is a "no-drill" operation, at least as far as the frame rails are concerned.

BTW I have no interest in the company that makes them or this guy selling them other than the fact that I am a very happy customer of both!

Quick Reply: WTB - 5th Wheel Slider Hitch...