Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

2005 3500 5.9L trans temp hook up ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2007, 11:27 AM
salty
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2005 3500 5.9L trans temp hook up ?

Hi, I ordered a trans temp gauge and was wondering the best method of hooking it up to the transmission pan? Is there a special part that needs to be ordered? Can someone help?

Old 08-29-2007, 12:58 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: 2005 3500 5.9L trans temp hook up ?

ORIGINAL: salty

Hi, I ordered a trans temp gauge and was wondering the best method of hooking it up to the transmission pan? Is there a special part that needs to be ordered? Can someone help?
You can either drill and tap your pan or you can get this and make it easy..... http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-CLG3.asp

Old 08-29-2007, 11:55 PM
ga_noplugs
Default RE: 2005 3500 5.9L trans temp hook up ?

ORIGINAL: triton

ORIGINAL: salty

You can either drill and tap your pan or you can get this and make it easy..... http://www.dieselmanor.com/dm_products/DM-CLG3.asp

I installed mine a couple of weeks ago. It was really easy and I only lost about a pint of transfluid doing it. I would recommend jacking the truck up a bit as it is a tight fit working under a non lifted truck.

All that said, It was still a pretty easy mod and fits perfectly and I think gives a better indication of trans temp.

Quick Reply: 2005 3500 5.9L trans temp hook up ?