Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

My good deed for the day...

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 09:42 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: My good deed for the day...

Forget about a lip quiver I would have full out cried - that much fuel PLUS loosing the FASS. That is enough to make any man cry.

Can't believe you had all that stuff in the truck - - way to go man.

Old 08-30-2007, 10:23 PM
SpLaT
Captain

I woulda been cryin meself...cept this guy was a rig push so he most likely had the fuel charged to the rig and as a push, hes makingsomewhere around $1200 to $1500/day, so in the 90 days he was working he pulled in over $100,000 so he'll get home drop his truck off at the performance shop probably drop another couple of grand on his truck and have the FASS replaced ( all this work on his truck is a tax write off as he is self employed... but then I do the same thing ), then call up the travel agent book some time in Mexico for a month. Then hes' back to work for another 3 to 6 months and repeats. I do contract operating/consulting services forthe oil/gas production field operating oil/gas wells and production facilities.With being in remote areas one has to be a jack of many trades, electrician, instrumentation, mechanic and therapist...so I'm loaded with all kinds of tools, specialty tools, fittings and more importantly a selection of spirits...good whiskey for the good peopleI work with and cheap stuff for the ones that ain't worth the effort

I should add hes' a service rig push... guys on the drilling rigs who are pushs' make a lot more!![:@]

Old 08-30-2007, 11:47 PM
Ben D.
Champion

I just didn't feel like doing the math it's about 260 where i'm at. i was merely saying if suppose it was only 2 bux a gallon he still lost 600 bucks that's insane he prolly lost close to a grand right there. that's just nuts.

Old 08-31-2007, 01:08 AM
Kev_n_AZ
Banned

280 gal's around here at $2.75 - $3.29 a gal depending on where you run out [:@]would be a bad day!!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 225 Likes on 210 Posts

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

lol, yea 2 bucks a gallon huh, it might be worth my drive to your station to fill up but splat, CONGRATS you did a good thing! a picture would of been sweet but that almost like slappin him in the face.... i mean c'mon, the guys already driving in a dmax, how much less of a man do you want to make him out to be?
yeah you have to be careful on the picture taking... when I yanked out the ford a few weeks back I asked them 1st if it was ok and they had no problem with it at all...

Old 08-31-2007, 03:48 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Well done brotha !!

Did he take out the FASS, or just the FASS filters? I'm assuming that it was just the fittings and you by-passed them with the steel lines right?

Did he buy you a steak for your efforts?

I'd say you definately fall into the following catagory ....

Old 08-31-2007, 03:56 PM
ga_noplugs

ORIGINAL: SpLaT

I woulda been cryin meself...cept this guy was a rig push so he most likely had the fuel charged to the rig and as a push, hes making somewhere around $1200 to $1500/day,

I should add hes' a service rig push... guys on the drilling rigs who are pushs' make a lot more!![:@]
Tech geek here. So, what are these "pushes"?

Old 08-31-2007, 04:41 PM
Splicer

Back when I worked in the Oil Field here in Texas they were known as "Tool Pushers" sort of like a Foreman over several oil drilling rigs. I'm sure SpLat will correct me if this isno longer accurate, it has been 20 years since my career in the Oil Field.

Old 09-03-2007, 08:17 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

I'm with GA NOPLUGS, what is a Push and more importantly, how can I become one????

Old 09-03-2007, 09:27 PM
gtxpooch
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how can I become one????
Most of them start out as worms ( lowest on the "totem" pole) on the drilling rigs and work up from there. I have4 nephews workin the patch now.

Quick Reply: My good deed for the day...