Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel System

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 10:18 PM
Scott91370
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel System

Being new to the Cummins world I am still a llittle lost on the fuel system of these things.
What order are the pumps/parts in from the tank to the injectors and what are the parts that get bypassed/deleted when you go with something like a FASS?
Besides being lost, mine has a stumble at low RPMs and I'm a little worried it may be fuel related. I know I need to change the filter, so don't worry there..

p.s. Drew, you mentioned Gino's is where you get your filters, they list 2 for the 2001 trucks, can you tell me which is which? The 19519 (Prime Loc?) or 19855.

Thanks in advance!!!

Old 09-06-2007, 10:31 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Fuel System

for the 01's, fuel tank, lift pump, fuel filter, VP44, injectors. . .the FASS will take place of the lift pump and the fuel filter. the stumble could be your TPS giving an odd signal to the computer.

as far as the fuel filter itself, you will need to look at it to see which one you need. . .if you have the spin-off canister you will need the 19519, however if you have the filter canister with a removable lid the 19855 is what you need. hit up the FAQ thread and look for the fuel filter link. in there you will see pics of my filter set-up and later on in the thread you will see pics of Mayfairs setup with the prime-loc filter.

hope that helps

Quick Reply: Fuel System