Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

6.7 DPF question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2007, 11:49 AM
sspp
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.7 DPF question

Can these DPFs Be gutted?

More specifically...

Do they bolt on or are they welded on?

If bolted on could the interior of the DPF be provided with some "bypass" holes to reduce (hopefully eliminate) possible restriction/plugging issues without being obvious when viewed in place?

I realize that we are dealing with sensors here. Most likely pressure differential and EGT. However, if the "bypass" is not excessive it should never signal full as it has relief without triggering codes as a sraight pipe with sensors might.

*Note*
ANY sensor input can be fooled or fed a specified feedback. It is merely finding the type of signal and eliminating it or reproducing/altering it. 4-20ma, 0-10dc, fixed or variable resistance, open/close circuit. The answers to this would be found in the physical (not plug-in-and-read) troubleshooting section for testing the DPF sensors. The manual should have the reference values (and type) for sensor function test. This would be an interesting read.

I ask this because I currently have a RCSB 1500 Daytona and have been looking at a QCSB 2500. I Like my Hemi just fine minus the mileage, but I also tow 7500# (toyhauler) and was looking at the Diesel. I also need a back seat for the kids. If these issues continue I will get the 2500 w/Hemi. I have the option of buying a new '07 w/5.9, but I really liked the 6 speed auto and jake brake on the 6.7 I test drove.

I should also say thanks for all the info I have gotten by lurking for some time now...
[/align]

Old 09-12-2007, 04:26 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 6.7 DPF question

I'm sure it is only a matter of time before someone figures out how to delete the new EPA crap.

Quick Reply: 6.7 DPF question