Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Flash Codes Speedo for 06/07

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 01:03 AM
seattlestones
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Flash Codes Speedo for 06/07

So, I got done w/ my mods recently (lift, wheels, tires, etc) and I noticed that my speedo is WAY off. So I went to one of the speed shops around here and asked them to reprogram my computer to match my new tire size. Nope...was the answer. They didn't have the new codes yet. So, I went to the dealership actually thinking that the speed shop had taken their lunch a little early and they told me the same and more. The shop manager said that Dodge is not releasing the flash codes to the 06/07's because too many people are tinkering with them. Has anyone else heard this or do I need to drive a little further and find someone who has the real deal? I went from stock to 315's. I would like to be somewhat accurate on my speedo vice my edge. Anyone?

Old 10-19-2007, 11:42 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker
Default RE: Flash Codes Speedo for 06/07

Enumclaw Dodge did mine for me - - I run 35's and they flashed for it w/ no questions asked. I'm still a bit short but no to far off.

[sm=welcomesign.gif]

oh and Whhoooo another NW member That gives us what 4 now.

Old 10-20-2007, 12:23 AM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker

Frogger, does MT not count as NW? I suppose not, I think it counts as bumfu*k nowhere.....

Old 10-20-2007, 12:37 AM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

Everyone I've ever meet from MT doesn't want to be counted in w/ a WA / OR wacko's

Old 10-20-2007, 02:49 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In 06 and 07, its not a flash but a reprogram of the ABS with the new tire size. Calling BS on the dealer saying that Dodge is not releasing the flash codes. You have to go into the ABS module and put in the tire size and gear ratio and axle size. Only problem is, starting in 06 Dodge limited the choice of tire sizes to program. Biggest size is a 285, so you can't put in a 315. This gets you close but not perfect. On 03-05 you could put in tire revs per mile and get almost spot on. I know this sucks some dealers could use the bigger tires as a way to void your warranty. The bigger tire has less revs per mile. They could argue that this shows less miles on your truck than are actually on it.

Quick Reply: Flash Codes Speedo for 06/07