Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Fuel PSI?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 04:26 PM
KillerCummins
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel PSI?

Hey guys, Ithink that the older trucks are suppost to have @ 15 psi max from their lift pump, but what about my HPCR? The reason I'm asking is because I'm about to order the dash pod from Geno's, andneed to decide which fuel gauge to order (30psi or 60psi) Im almost certain I only need the 30, but I would like someone to tell me for sure, and why(love to learn), so I can place my order. I'm also going to ordera 60psi boost gauge. I'm not really partial to any brand, if someone has any advice, I just want to get the same brand for both gauges. Thanks

Old 09-14-2007, 06:20 PM
ga_noplugs
Default RE: Fuel PSI?

ORIGINAL: KillerCummins

Hey guys, I think that the older trucks are suppost to have @ 15 psi max from their lift pump, but what about my HPCR? The reason I'm asking is because I'm about to order the dash pod from Geno's, and need to decide which fuel gauge to order (30psi or 60psi) Im almost certain I only need the 30, but I would like someone to tell me for sure, and why(love to learn), so I can place my order. I'm also going to order a 60psi boost gauge. I'm not really partial to any brand, if someone has any advice, I just want to get the same brand for both gauges. Thanks
Mine reads 10 psi. But since I got a 60 psi boost guage, I went ahead and got the 60 psi fp gauge. To me, it looks better with them both having the same scale. Besides, the 60 is the same price as the 30 (go figure).

Old 09-14-2007, 07:28 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

If you run 60 PSI on the fuel pressure, you will be blowing fuel out of the banjo fittings and other places. Trust me, I found out the hard way last week.

Old 09-15-2007, 12:03 PM
KillerCummins
Professional

So I will never exceed 30psi? Thanks for the responses guys

Old 09-15-2007, 05:04 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

So I will never exceed 30psi?