Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Wheel Studs

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 06:58 PM
Madmurdok
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel Studs

Hi All! I am the proud owner (ok, so I have had this truck for 7 years) of a 1992 CTD W250 4X4. Recently, I grew angry at the paint falling off, being replaced by a nice shade of rust. I took things apart, stripped it, and laid on a nice coat of shiny red clearcoat paint. The factory steel wheels then became such an eysore that I sprung for a set of 16x7 aluminum wheels, and installed a nice new set of tires (since I couldnt stand to put those old, skinny tires on those new rims). Now, the problem:[>:]The stinking wheel studs are too short. I have been to the local auto parts stores, and been searching online, but havent gotten anything that satisfys me. I did find a stud (9/16) from Autozone that fits, and is about 1/4 longer. I still feel uneasy about this, as I would really like 1/2 inch longer, since this is a heavy truck, and gets worked hard. I would like the 9/16 thread. I am SURE I am not the 1st one to have this problem. Any knowledge on WHERE to find studs for this truck? It has been sitting in my garage in pieces for 2 weeks because of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Tim

Old 09-19-2007, 07:09 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Wheel Studs

WOW. . . .this is a first for me. . .mmmmmm. . . . .have you checked places like NTB? I used to get wheel studs from them all the time when the idiots working the impacts would torque them down too much.

Quick Reply: Wheel Studs