Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Alarm Install,Should I get remote Start/Turbo Timer

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 11:45 PM
DirtyDad
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alarm Install,Should I get remote Start/Turbo Timer

I am going to have an after market alarm installed tomorrow. I have settled on a reputable local business and am going with the AutoPage RS900 LED unit alarm.
I downgraded myself from the RS1000 ($200+tax more) due to cost which bring me to my question.
I am saving another $215. by not having the remote start/turbo timer features installed at this time.
I am trying to keep the cost down (maybe upgrade later) and have lived without these features since I bought the truck a few months back.
It never gets very cold, or hot where I live. Any opinions and experiences...Am I cheaping out on a must have feature
Thanks.

Old 09-19-2007, 12:23 AM
Sereguial
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Alarm Install,Should I get remote Start/Turbo Timer

I have never had a remote start/turbo timer... I can't see a reason to have them except if you are in a hurry (or it gets so cold that you need to start the truck up in the morning before you are even ready to go outside). I am curious as to see why anyone would "need" one especially for $215... I can think of a lot of other mods I could do with that $215 that I would be much happier with...

Old 09-19-2007, 03:56 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: Alarm Install,Should I get remote Start/Turbo Timer

I have a remote start alarm and love it... when it's cold/freezing outside, I can program it to fire up in the middle of the night if needed and run for 5 or 10 minutes before shutting down. this would help before leaving in the mornings. I however havent used that feature but do fire it up before I ever open the garage door to leave in the morning, gives it a little bit of warmup time year round before I head down the road. It's also a way of defrosting the windshield and heating up the cab before getting in. the opposite is true on hot summer days... fire it up with the a/c on and start to cool the cab off before jumping in. helpful when outside temps are over 100...

Quick Reply: Alarm Install,Should I get remote Start/Turbo Timer