Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

MAN! EDGE troubles! (and fass)

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 08:22 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MAN! EDGE troubles! (and fass)

Well, took about 2 hours to get everything right, found out I had a 2001 set up for a 2002 truck. The only thing different is the dang map senor. Its a 35$ piece for the connector from EDGE to use the 2001 set up. Which I had already bought. So I have the senor on the way, got everything hooked up without power ready to go! It is killing me just looking at the attitude in the cab without the map senor hooked up so therefore I have to wait till Friday or Monday.....but over all im glad it is all hooked up and only have one connector left. I never thought I could put it in alone not knowing to much about EDGE.

Also, got a questiong about FASS fuel system. I can get the 95 pump with 150 filters for $670. HEre is the part I dont get, he tells me I need a part from him that is used to hook up a fuel pressure gauge? you guys ever hear anythign about this piece? I have no idea what it is. I am working with a guy I dont know because the guy at the shop is every dealer but a FASS dealer, yet.

Any help is awesome!

Thanks

Old 09-26-2007, 08:29 AM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker
Default RE: MAN! EDGE troubles! (and fass)

There should be a Scharder valve test port on the VP44 banjo bolt. The piece that he is referring to is probably a piece that changes the Schrader valve to a 1/8 NPT port. I had to change mine out to put the fuel pressure sensor on for my Quadzilla Commander.

Basically you just take the banjo bolt off, the schrader valve comes off and you bolt the 1/8 npt port back on with the banjo bolt. Just do not over tighten the banjo bolt when you put it back on the VP44 because you can damage the VP44.

Old 09-26-2007, 08:32 AM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

sounds good, but Im almost possitive that I just put a new banjo bolt along with a fuel pressure senor in yesterday while hooking everything up with the edge? or is this a differenct senor and connection for a banjo bolt?

Old 09-26-2007, 10:35 AM
blondeguy08
Professional

hahahahhahhaa I had the same issue with my Bully dog... It was missing the 01 MAP adapter from the 02... sux big time i know how ya feel.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:03 PM
CowboyBob
Record Breaker

Ok, my bad. I think he is talking about putting a new return line off of the VP44. This would require a new banjo bolt. I don't have a FASS but did read their installation manual. I just put a Walbro on my truck and had to put a regulator with a second return line, because the stock return line would not handle all of the pressure a Walbro could give.

Old 09-26-2007, 01:21 PM
Mayfair
Legend

He MAY be talking about a fitting that screws into the FASS itself. The FASS has a port that is currently plugged that allows you to run your gauge from there. I opted to run the gauge on top of the old fuel filter housing instead since Jake told me that the closer to the VP-44 you get, the more accurate your readings are going to be.

Have you installed the FASS yet?

I think I have that plug adapter that you need, not sure. Is your MAP sensor wire on your truckthe I think it's 3 wireflat type?

Old 09-26-2007, 03:18 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

No, I do not have the FASS system in yet, but I do plan on getting it soon. And as far as the map senoir goes, it sucks big time, just a pain waiting for it!..

Old 09-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Well ... I ran the line from my FASS to the stock fuel filter housing. I removed the fuel filter though ( however I kept the top of thie filter because it holds the gasket ). From the stock fuel filter housing the fule travels through the same line as it always did to the VP-44. My fuel pressure sits right around 14psi at idle and the lowest I've ever seen it go was about 12.

I ran the lines this way for a couple of reasons.
1 - I wanted to keep the WIF sensor wet
2 - I wanted to continue to use my fuel heater
3 - The top of the stock fuel canister has 2 ports on it. I use 1 of them for my electronic fuel pressure gauge

I couldn't be happier with the set-up. If you need pics, lemme know.

Old 09-26-2007, 05:28 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

around how much was your system? am I paying WAY to much at $670 for EVERYTHING?

Old 09-26-2007, 05:49 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Honestly, I don't remember how much I paid. Once I get something and it's paid for, I try and forget how much I spent on it. It makes me feel better that way.

I got my FASS from Ken at Kens Performance. He's pretty cool and he'll hook you up. Feel free to tell him that I sent ya ( Donny )

Here's his link ... http://www.kensps.citymaker.com/page/page/3703222.htm

Quick Reply: MAN! EDGE troubles! (and fass)