Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

"fuel rail pressure too high"

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 01:20 PM
ameyer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "fuel rail pressure too high"

I was driving home yesterday w/ the Quad set on 60 hp. Under load it started making a crackley, rattley sound, reminded me of spark knock. I turned off the chip and the sound went away. But as soon as i turned it off I got a service engine light. The code said "fuel rail pressure too high." What do you think? Is it something to worry about? No more codes have popped up, but I haven't turned the chip back on either. Any suggestions?

Old 09-27-2007, 01:30 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: "fuel rail pressure too high"

get some di-electric grease and reseat all your connections. . .if you still ahve the problem when you turn the box onit may warrant a call to quads customer service. . .BTW, they are one of the best when it comes to getting problems fixed.

Old 09-27-2007, 01:31 PM
ameyer

OK I'll try that.

Old 09-27-2007, 08:29 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

Drew is right on. I had the same problem with my XZT box. I took the whole thing off and the truck ran fine. When I re-installed it, I went to the auto parts store and got some dielectric grease and put just a little bit on all the connectors on the quad harness. I plugged everything back in and no more worries.

Quick Reply: "fuel rail pressure too high"