Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Electronic FP gauge install questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
jedrph
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic FP gauge install questions

I just got my dipricol gauges and will be installing them this weekend (30#FP, 60#boost, EGT) My only question is on the FP gauge sender. I want it to read between the filter and the cp3. If i were to get a billet top on the filter can, it would read pre-filter correct? -i don't want that. I could put a tee in the line from the filter to the cp3 - there are 2 lines running between the two, I assume that the top line on the CP3 is the intake, bottom is overflow OR are there banjo bolts on the bottom of the canister that i can tap into (that would be post filter - right?) Also does the orientation of the sensor matter? Every one I've seen is always vertical, with the wires going up - is this necessary? I probably will use a 6" or shorter hose as a snubber for vibrations - no needle valve though unless I have to. I don't think I want to attach directly to CP3. Any help is apprectiated [/align]

Old 10-02-2007, 11:38 PM
ga_noplugs
Default RE: Electronic FP gauge install questions

ORIGINAL: jedrph

I just got my dipricol gauges and will be installing them this weekend (30#FP, 60#boost, EGT) My only question is on the FP gauge sender. I want it to read between the filter and the cp3. If i were to get a billet top on the filter can, it would read pre-filter correct? -i don't want that. I could put a tee in the line from the filter to the cp3 - there are 2 lines running between the two, I assume that the top line on the CP3 is the intake, bottom is overflow OR are there banjo bolts on the bottom of the canister that i can tap into (that would be post filter - right?) Also does the orientation of the sensor matter? Every one I've seen is always vertical, with the wires going up - is this necessary? I probably will use a 6" or shorter hose as a snubber for vibrations - no needle valve though unless I have to. I don't think I want to attach directly to CP3. Any help is apprectiated [/align]
I had the same problem a few weekends ago. I ended up with a tapped bano bolt installed at the fuel intake onthe CP3. (Follow the line out from t he bottom of the filter to the top of the CP3)

I then have an 18 inch rubber hose from the banjo bolt to the sensor mounted just over the brake master cylander. I got the hose , banjo bolt, etc from Genos since they were impossible to find locally.

I though about connecting the hose to the bottom of the fuel filter but irubbed the frame a bit too much and I thought it would limit the lifespan.

I can take a pic tomororow if you'd like.
r

Old 10-03-2007, 12:03 AM
jedrph
Rookie
Default RE: Electronic FP gauge install questions

Hey thanks, I guess I will call geno's tommorrow to get the bolt and tube. I have a pretty good idea of where I need to hook it into now. I didn't realize before that geno's has a limited "how to" on hooking up an electric FP sensor. It does have to be verticle to work right. Again thanks for the reply.

Quick Reply: Electronic FP gauge install questions