Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

no idea...about fass...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2007, 08:58 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default no idea...about fass...

Got to the shop at 3 today. Got everything connected step by step in the directions. Went the way mayfair did and hooked it to the stock fuel fitler houseing because I didnt want to have to disconnect my edge attitude senor for the fuel pressure. We bled the lines and the pump. The pump is mounted on the back of the truck right where fass says to mount it. The lines are hooked in right where the say to be hooked in. We checked everything atleast 5 times. The fuel pressure reading is right at 16 with the pump. We tested all the tests they gave us for hte VP44 to see if it is bad and everyone came back negative as in it is still good and working. I had to leave the truck at the shop and am not truckless tomarrow. I am stumped along with a guy who has worked on everything pretty much and if a first time FASS installer and everyone I talk to says it should have troulbe starting and bleeding the lines for about 10 minutes. We got all the air out of the system, and still no start. I am very confused and stumped. We tried everything, conacted the FASS dealer, they said will call back tomarrow. Its very frusterating to know everything is right it just wont start.[:@][:@][:@]

I have NEVER heard about it being this hard to install...[:@][:@]

Old 10-03-2007, 09:26 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Default RE: no idea...about fass...

How do you know is there is a "pump in the tank"? becaues wouldnt that restrict the pressure going to the FASS?? and the attitude is telling me 16 psi but I am told not to go by that reading because its prob not right..

any ideas??

Old 10-03-2007, 09:28 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you still have the filter mounted pump it will be a black'growth' on the back side of the filter where it is hard to get to. . .and is about the size of a roll of quarters.

Old 10-03-2007, 09:32 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

Well here is all I know for now since im not with the truck. WE hooked up the FASS like mayfair did to the back of the stock fuel filter...should work fine? what I dont know? is how to tell if there is a filter in my tank? what u said isnt really making sense to me because I dont really know riht where everything is for now..

Old 10-03-2007, 09:59 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

Anyone ever had a problem like this one??

Old 10-04-2007, 12:57 AM
jakebrake
Champion

If your getting good pressure, then your probably not restricted. Check the line going back to the fillerneck for air when the fass pump is running. Just pull the line off and run it to a bucket. If the fuel is clean with no air in it, then everything is working fine.

Old 10-04-2007, 06:16 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

Man it took a while to bleed the lines, but we finally got it. WE just loosened the 3 and 4 injectors and let them bleed untill it started. Worked great! Now on the only problemI have is a little bit of fuel leaks where they had me install the drain in the fill net part and it leaks where the hose clamps are and they are as tight as could be..so we will figure that out next week...

but man does that FASS help ALOT if the EDGE! I Have nevetr seen below! 15 PSI and it stays rightat 16 PSI all the time! its great! for sure is a great product..

thanks for yalls help..