Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

and here is another reason I want a smarty

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2007, 02:13 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default and here is another reason I want a smarty

read this thread over at TDR first
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...-didnt-do.html

then check out this follow up thread at TDR
http://www.turbodieselregister.com/f...ed-me-10k.html

thats what you call customer support

Old 10-12-2007, 02:47 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: and here is another reason I want a smarty

wow, I am impressed. I don't know another aftermarket group that would do that fpr someone.

Old 10-12-2007, 02:56 PM
GFB
Professional

And there is another reason I DON'T want a smarty. Promised updates for the 2nd gen crowd, yet never delivered.

Oh wait, they did release one beta version of an update.

Marco doesn't care about the 2nd gens anymore evidently. I guess there's not enough of them on the road for him to make any money.[sm=lame.gif]

Old 10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Mayfair
Legend

ORIGINAL: GFB
Marco doesn't care about the 2nd gens anymore evidently. I guess there's not enough of them on the road for him to make any money.[sm=lame.gif]
[sm=boosign.gif][sm=bs.gif][sm=dontgetit.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=icon_beat.gif][sm=loser.gif][sm=noooo.gif][sm=shootshoot.gif][sm=wtf.gif][sm=WTFsgign.gif]

Old 10-12-2007, 07:42 PM
NickBeek
Record Breaker

And there is another reason I DON'T want a smarty. Promised updates for the 2nd gen crowd, yet never delivered.

And if you were runningthat business you would do it differently?You know there could be several other reasons for them not releasing it. Maybe it's a technical issue, or maybe they can't deliver the expected results from a second gen engine. Or maybe the cost to develop it is greater than the expected sales.

I work for a large manufacturing company and I sell our product. Sometimes when I ask for a special or semi - standard item to be made they say NO. Even if the potential sales are in the 6 digit range. It used to **** me off to no end. I have now come to understand some of the reasons they say no. Sometimes it is better to refer your customer to a competitor that to sell them something that will damage your reputation, or otherwise not fit well into what you do.

I'm not trying to start a fight just trying to give you a different perspective.

Old 10-13-2007, 08:05 AM
GFB
Professional

ORIGINAL: NickBeek

And if you were runningthat business you would do it differently?You know there could be several other reasons for them not releasing it. Maybe it's a technical issue, or maybe they can't deliver the expected results from a second gen engine. Or maybe the cost to develop it is greater than the expected sales.

I work for a large manufacturing company and I sell our product. Sometimes when I ask for a special or semi - standard item to be made they say NO. Even if the potential sales are in the 6 digit range. It used to **** me off to no end. I have now come to understand some of the reasons they say no. Sometimes it is better to refer your customer to a competitor that to sell them something that will damage your reputation, or otherwise not fit well into what you do.

I'm not trying to start a fight just trying to give you a different perspective.
I wouldn't promise updates and tunes when I released the product and then not deliver.

No big deal though. I've got a box for half the price that fuels just as hard down low and I can pick from a variety of tunes on their website. A couple of us guys are having slight a surging with the box. Guess what--he's writing new tunes every day for us to fix the problem. Promise AND deliver. That's the way to run a business. I'm not trying to downplay what Marco has done for some of his customers. He seems like a nice guy. Just don't mention his name on a 2nd gen forum. [sm=smiley15.gif]

Quick Reply: and here is another reason I want a smarty