Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

radio

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007 | 08:52 PM
pigbull
Default radio

I have a 2006 ctd 4dr 4x4 and am having problems with the radio. The volume control **** doesn't work right. When you try to turn it up it goes down or just fluctuates up and down. It sucks has anyone else had this problem?

Old 10-21-2007 | 08:57 PM
triton
Record Breaker
Default RE: radio

ORIGINAL: pigbull

I have a 2006 ctd 4dr 4x4 and am having problems with the radio. The volume control **** doesn't work right. When you try to turn it up it goes down or just fluctuates up and down. It sucks has anyone else had this problem?
Inferior manufacturing. I don't know that it's affected just the basic radios but, I just had to replace my Nav radio dues to the control ***** not working. Apparently it was a problem and many Nav's had to be replaced.

From what I was told, D/C changed the manufacturer suppling the faulty radios to one the supplied a better quailty product. They will replace it under warranty but, you can only get a reman radio back. That's ok though as it still have a warranty.

Old 10-21-2007 | 10:46 PM
73Jim
Veteran
Default RE: radio

I have the Infinity system and I have to turn the bass all the way down and the treble all up, otherwise it sounds like there is a pillow over the speaker. Also when I come to a stop I sometimes here an intermittent buzzing from the speakers. I haven't had a chance to take it back to the dealer yet. Overall, not very satisfied with the radio; other than the steering wheel controls (awesome).

Quick Reply: radio