Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Dim Dash Displays

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 03:21 PM
5deano6
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dim Dash Displays

Hi,
I have a 2007 Ram 2500. One complaint I have is the brightness of the displays on the CD/Sirrus player and the overhead display. It is hard to see during the day if you have sunglasses on and if you are running your lights (for safety) during the day, forget it. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Dean

Old 11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
United1
Professional
Default RE: Dim Dash Displays

You can always click your dimmer switch to full brightness during the day.

Old 11-07-2007, 04:29 PM
sabersix

ORIGINAL: United1

You can always click your dimmer switch to full brightness during the day.
Even at full bright, it is still not bright enough. Especially indirectsunshine with sunglasses. Not much you can do...

Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 PM
semlohde

I just picked up my new 07 and was sure surprised at the tiny led for the consoile and the radio is all but a joke also. Who thought up this? I tried to adjust the brightness also but nothing. Took it to the dealer - surprise - they knew nothing about it being so dim. I traded an 04 Ram and it's not like this. Wife has an 03 Durango and it's far superior to this. It's one of those things you don't really notice in the drive around but with brigh daylight it's all but faded out for the overhead and radio. Dodge - ya got some junk for lights and when the basic radio, my $35 Sirius radio is far superior. I say FIRE the jerk who put such junk into this machine and fire the management that approved it. Now that I've given my compliments - recall this thing and put something someone can see in it. When I start the truck it has no problem showing the DODGE in double easier to read leds - light them up with the information. This is my 3rd RAMand if the lights are an indication of the engine and other things I am in for several years of misery! DODGE - FIX IT! ORRRR, someone kindly tell me how to adjust something so the led is brighter - as the **** for the interior lights that works well on the wife's Durango and my 04 do nothing in this 07 6.7L MEGA cab. Thanks, ed this looks bold and like I'm shouting while I'm writing it but that's not my intention and I checked the bold and it is off.

Quick Reply: Dim Dash Displays