Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

tested a new 3500 6.7 cummins today

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2007, 12:50 AM
woligator
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default tested a new 3500 6.7 cummins today

A customer of mine who know i love CTD just bring me he brand new(300 miles or so)
2008 3500 6.7 cummins today!
He wanted me to try it just to see if its more powerfull than mine or not...
he didnt even tryed it hard already,he dont like it much but he wanted to know...
at first look im really dissapointed about that new engine,i was hoping for big power
but it feel sluggish...
BUT....
im really accustomed driving MY truck so everything who is not pulling like him seem sluggish to me
im really accustomed shifting my tranny and this truck is auto so its not that fair
im really accustomed to hear my engine roar and on thoses trucks u almost cant hear the engine even when full power is applied so it seem like nothing...

i was thinking :damn this is not that good but suddenly i was really incoming at another car in front of me,damn i was at 110kph in a 50kph zone....
i found a nice button JAKEBRAKE!!!!!
this is nice but i was pretty sure it was slowing the truck down very much more than it does....
and i dont like the dash neither interior at all,too my square lines for me....
and i dont like the quarter pannel extention over the 2nd set of wheel on the bed,look like quick work...

so when my customer asked me what i was thinking about this truck i said
Money value put aside i wont exchange our truck at all,hes too quiet and too smooth
but this is a really nice truck to have for sure....

o yeah,i found near the roof inside a pannel that tell milage...7.5mpg is this serious??? only this??? and it seem to have a couple mode like tow,economy but i didnt checked that much so....

Old 11-11-2007, 11:56 AM
bksram3500
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: tested a new 3500 6.7 cummins today

The lowest mpg I got out of mine is 8 mpg pulling my trailer is crosswinds, The best I have seen is almost 18 mpg but it averages about 14 mpg city highway mixed, I am hoping it gets better after a superchip (Christmas). As far as power goes all I have to compare it to is my old 99' 7.3 power joke and it has about twice as much power or more. And finally the sound,get about 3000 miles on it and you will start to hear it, It is still quiet but when I first bought my truck you couldn't even hear it idle. Over all I have very few complaints about my truck the biggest gripe that I have is the dpf but its federal regulations so what are you going to do?

Quick Reply: tested a new 3500 6.7 cummins today