Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

rock rails/sliders..

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2007, 08:11 AM
mytowrig
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rock rails/sliders..

does anybody have any good recommendations for a nice hardy set of very tough rock rails or sliders? i don't mean the nerf bars or side steps, i mean something that if my wheel drops off a rock and lands on it, it can support the weight of the truck without damaging anything? the two i found so far are http://www.extremewinchbumpers.com/R...pbarspage.htmland http://www.n-fab.com/products.nerfsteps.aspalthough the n-fabs don't look much stronger on mount than regulat nerf bars. anybody have or know of experience with either of these? or better yet, anybody know of a proven setup that won't charge an arm and a leg (or both)? thanks much, and i look forward to asking many more questions in the future!!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:34 AM
Super Dave
Veteran
Default RE: rock rails/sliders..

A friend of mine was looking for the same thing for his Power Wagon. We came to teh conclusion it wouldn't be any more expensive to just go to a local 4X4 shop that can fabricate roll cages and have tehm build a set.
FYI- I live in Utah, and there are lots of 4X4 shops that build rock crawlers, so it wans't hard to find one that could do the work. Those Jeep guys have experiance with that stuff and can fab up some pretty bullet proof sliders.

Old 11-12-2007, 09:44 AM
mytowrig
Captain

thought about that, but there aren't any viable places were i live. i was going through the same process for my rubicon and thats WAY easier to find stuff for... just not here[:@]

Old 11-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Deleted User
Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Old 11-12-2007, 10:23 AM
solarwarp
Veteran

I gotpipe running boardsfrom some guys in Del Rio... www.arcrite.comI don't know if they'll hold up the truck. But they are bolted to the frame.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:20 PM
BLEWMONEY
Rookie

what model and year is your truck? dodge makes a set that is bullet proof. the part number is 82209109 and they weigh 162 lbs in the box, all of
the brackets are 1/4 plate. hope this helps.

Old 11-12-2007, 03:48 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

Here is the hangers under my truck. Notice each side has 3 pipe hangers bolted to the frame. This photo is the back looking forward underneath the step.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:11 PM
mytowrig
Captain

my truck is an 07 4x4quad w/5.9. solarwarp, how much did it cost to have yours fab'd up?

Old 11-12-2007, 04:27 PM
solarwarp
Veteran

ORIGINAL: mytowrig

my truck is an 07 4x4quad w/5.9. solarwarp, how much did it cost to have yours fab'd up?
We pretty much have the same truck.Mine have a 6" step with Diamond plate and 2" pipe.I think about $600. Call the guys in Del Riothey are right on US90 at Lake Amistad.

They also have other styles... the stirrup style orplain pipe railsor instead of diamond plate they have expanded metal over the pipefor the step.

Old 11-12-2007, 04:36 PM
mytowrig
Captain

thanks! are you from the del rio area? i had picked up from other threads that you might be around san antonio. right now i live in midland, but i work out in the oilfields outside of mentone, about another 80-90 miles west down I-20 and pretty much live out here 24/7 in a trailer[:'(]

Quick Reply: rock rails/sliders..