Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 07:30 AM
Super Dave
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?

ORIGINAL: sharx ram

What is the best stack with the Edge "Hot" Juice?
I have read where some people that have done that stack were less than impressed with it. It seem the Hot Juice was better by itself than when stacked with the Smarty, and they said the Smarty by itself made more power than when it was stacked with the Juice. It sounds like if you are set on keeping the Juice, then maybe a Smarty isn't the way to go. The Smarty will make more power by itself than the Hot Juice though--but then you have no safety net.

I have also heard that while Smarty says it's "undetectable" and it is true, it can be misleading. While it does change the settings back to stock, the ECM has storeduseage parameterslike fuel quantity used per cylinder. A diesel tech that knows what he's doing with the Starscan can see these tell tale signs. A tech isn't going to go that far unless they suspect something.
DC spends a lot of time and money on warranty repairs on trucks that have been chipped. I have to believe that if a truck goes in with a damaged engine, they are going to do their best to get out of the warranty.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:06 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

if your able to get an incentive on the Smarty,let me know the details as I'm interested, it's on my list and could be the next mod.

edit: oops, I guess I missed page 2 of this thread. thats what I get for reading it at 3:30am... the Smarty has been on my list of mods for a while... being self employed for the last 9 months kinda prevented the purchase. Maybe now is the time to pick one up. Ty, didnt you have yours stacked with a TST? (I think we already talked about this but it would be good to have it here in this thread), what settings were you running?
Yes I did Steve and it's not only my opinion that those to are the best stack on the market. I wish I could still be using the TST. The smarty fuels real well on the bottom end and the TST takes over on the top end. You'd have to be careful about running too high a setting on the TST.... you don't need much when they're stacked. Trust me... you won't believe the power your truck will have with the smarty alone... add the TST and holy crap !

Old 11-20-2007, 09:24 AM
sharx ram
Champion

I like the safety features the Edge has, I dont think in my mind it would be worth the risk.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:41 AM
triton
Record Breaker

here's one way for you guys to look at it. Sharx, you're happy with your Edge.... that's cool. If you were to go to the delaer for something, you'd have to disconnect a lot of wiring so they wouldn't see you had anything. Edge also doesn't claim their stuff isn't detectable. When you've connected to the rail pressure sensor and MAP sensor, you've opened your truck up to detection. The smarty plugs into the OBDII port just like the dealer Scan tool. All it does is manipulate certain parameters. Those parameters are put back to the more current parameters D/C has when you put the truck back to stock. The Edge on the other hand fools the ECM into thinking it's seeing something else.

The smarty does have fail safes.... YOU ! The Edge and others are baby sitters when you should be baby sitting the gauges yourself. You have to be smart and only use a software level your truck can handle. As you upgrade components you can increase the levels on the smarty. With the Edge, you're stuck with your few levels. The smarty isn't that crazy that you'd have to be worried about anything, as long as you are smart about using it.

I guarantee if you were to try one... you'd never go back ! Look at it like this.... I had a custom tune in my bully dog that was suppose to have a ton of power. I ran it at the track and only got a 13.4 in the 1/4. I installed the smarty and ran a 12.6 ! That's quite the difference. On the dyno, I couldn't get over 600hp with the BD. Installed the smarty and got 703hp !

Again, I don;t want to seem as though I'm trying to push the programmer on you guys. It is definiately worth looking into though if you want some smooth, safe and great power.

Old 11-20-2007, 09:56 AM
JimmyDiablo
Champion

12.6 in the 1/4!!! holy crap on 37's. [sm=hail.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Whats faster then a speeding bullet? Triton

Old 11-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ty, Nick, and Chrisknow Ive borrowed a smarty and had it stacked with my TST. . .Ive never been able to power brake my truck like that before. . .3rd gear and 1500rpm and the tires were breaking loose with ease(Sw#5 tst at any setting but 4/2 was fun) Chris knows, he rode in my truck when I was testing

I would absolutely love to get one, but I also need tires soon. I may be able to get them to last a few more months if I dont drive like a bat out of hell. My question would be how would Marco take to a good group buy as well even though prices are set.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Drew

Ty, Nick, and Chrisknow Ive borrowed a smarty and had it stacked with my TST. . .Ive never been able to power brake my truck like that before. . .3rd gear and 1500rpm and the tires were breaking loose with ease(Sw#5 tst at any setting but 4/2 was fun) Chris knows, he rode in my truck when I was testing

I would absolutely love to get one, but I also need tires soon. I may be able to get them to last a few more months if I dont drive like a bat out of hell. My question would be how would Marco take to a good group buy as well even though prices are set.
I thought you might imterested too since you had a nice experience with it :-)

I tried to set up a group buy but, Bob said they don't do that. I guess it sells well enough without haven't a group buy. He did say though for anyone who is interested to contact him and something maybe be able to be worked out on a individual basis. He knows I've made this post and is expecting to hear from anyone interested.

Just say you hear it from me ( Ty ) :-) or you're from the Dodge Forum. It looks like there's about 10 or more people here interested so, I would hope he'd make it worth everyones while.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:18 AM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ty. . .know know niceis an understatement. . .I was laughing like a school girl[8D]

Old 11-20-2007, 12:16 PM
triton
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: jimmydaleo
12.6 in the 1/4!!! holy crap on 37's. [sm=hail.gif][sm=happy046.gif][sm=gears.gif][sm=groupwave.gif]

Whats faster then a speeding bullet? Triton
Not quite a bullet.... yet :-) Yeah I was pretty surprised myself. Not only 37's but a 6" lift and 8900 lbs ! here you go ....... track run in Houston
track run in Houston 2

Old 11-20-2007, 01:33 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Hey Triton, you from Houston? Or did you come down just for the comp.?
I am in far North Houston (Spring).

Quick Reply: POLL: who here uses a Smarty ? and/or would you like too ?