Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Injection Kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2007, 01:45 AM
Hikeyd
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injection Kits

Can anyone give me any heads up on the Snow (Or any other kits)H20/Meth Injection kits. Pro's are evident per their article..anyone had any bad experiences with Injection kits? Or are they a good way to go. I have a stock (except for the new AFE Blade Runner intake) 06 CTD. I pull a fifth wheel toy hauler with it. It looks to be a good way to go, lowering EGT's and adding a few ponies. Thoughts? -Jay

Old 11-24-2007, 09:54 AM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: Injection Kits

welcome to DF...

I dont have any experience with your injection setup questions, but have a question as to how you like your intake. Your the 1st person to my knowledge who is running it. did you see any performance gains from it and do you have any pics of the install?

Old 11-24-2007, 11:05 AM
SpLaT
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Injection Kits

I p/u the Snow stage II but have yet to install it...winter is here and I won't be pullin the TT.
H2O/meth injection been around since WWII, the German Luft, were the first to use it, they found they got plenty of ZOOM... when needed. Soon afterwards the US started using it in their aircraft, they also found they got plenty of BANG... in the mid 70's H2O/meth found their way into the auto industry with speed shops selling kits for "street racers/hot rodders". Some say one has to use it continuously like propane (these people need to educated!) if this were so the kits would be sold with a much larger tank!!
The set up is for added power, cooling when pullin long grades with heavy loads, perfect for us guys who frequent the mountains with our holiday trailers!

Steve05, I installed the AFE Blade Runner just last week, noticed a little less lag at the lower end (around town at lower speeds before the intake my boost was low, now boost is is showing a 2 to 4 lb gain) best gains are around the 1700 to 2100 rpm range. It was an easy install, only problem was having to put a small bend in the dipstick tube so it would lay "flatter" onto the arc. As for any increase in mileage....now running winter fuel so... mileage gains are out the window. [:@]

Quick Reply: Injection Kits