Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Exhaust system advice

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 09:57 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Exhaust system advice

stock exhaust and still running the stock muffler and put down 425 798 on the dyno

dont worry about going to 5". . .if your under about 550hp you will actualy loose bottom end power.

Old 11-25-2007, 10:32 PM
Aero Ram
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I run 4" and thats all you need to till you start puttin out some really high HP like Drew said...Depending on the noise you can put up with I'd put on straight for and see how you like it if its too loud weld up an Aero 4040.

Buzzy go with the Titanium Performance Sealed muffler bearings that seems to be working for me...

I got some performance stickersto, good for 100hp and 4mpg!...$20

Old 11-25-2007, 10:40 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i have a nice set up that i just did and if you look into my gallery it shows it somewhat..... there is also a caption on it but you have to scrol down a little....

....she is a ALOT louder than my old set up, which was 2 flow mufflers with one being an aero and one simular to it but i did not loose as much low end as i did with straight pipes which is the reason i love what i have now...... its not quite as fast as it was stock, but i get lower egts, a REAL MEAN sound, and its not lacking in low end speed as it was with straight pipes!

ADVICE: plan on starting cheap and work your way up the ladder money wise. i started with stock, bought a whole stainless 4" system (without thinking i already had 4" stock) with a straight thru muffler and for one it sounded like a rice burner[:@], then i went straight pipe which was to loud and slow, then i went to a 2 muffler design back to back.... and now i am where im at now. it costed ALOT of money to get where i am now and i could of gotten buy with a peice of straight pipe for the cat that i took out, and buying a muffler delete pipe from genos for 65$ and then going from there

Old 11-25-2007, 10:43 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

ORIGINAL: Aero Ram

I run 4" and thats all you need to till you start puttin out some really high HP like Drew said...Depending on the noise you can put up with I'd put on straight for and see how you like it if its too loud weld up an Aero 4040.

Buzzy go with the Titanium Performance Sealed muffler bearings that seems to be working for me...

what are these? ive never heard or seen of them.....

Old 11-25-2007, 10:43 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Remember back when moding the Honda's were just getting started?
I worked with this kid years back and he accually shoed up to work one day and wanted to show me his new exhaust system he made for his Honda Civic.
This dumb bastard cut off the muffler and welded a damn coffee can on for a tip!!! Yes I said COFFEE can. I never laghed so hard in my life. I mean my knees accually gave out and I was on the concrete rolling!!
He painted the coffee can with some kind of crome paint. He did a fine job of welding it to the pipe though.....[sm=gears.gif][sm=nxsmile.gif]

Old 11-25-2007, 10:54 PM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

lol, those ricers havent came around much since then either

Old 11-26-2007, 02:13 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

ORIGINAL: nickcoletti

ORIGINAL: Aero Ram

what are these? ive never heard or seen of them.....
These Muffler bearings are top of the line, you haven't seen them advertised because they can't keep them in stock! They were only available on the black market till recent months for emissions reasons...

Nick you think our exhausts are similar sound/performance wise being mines straight 4" with justacat....as for the guy that posted I love my set-up!

I hear removin the cat doesn't seem to help much but losin the stock muffler helps with perfomance and lowers EGTs...think Frogger told me that...

Old 11-26-2007, 02:25 AM
nickcoletti
Record Breaker

i am sure ours sound simular but mine is half the length of yours being that mine dumps right under the back of the cab and i have a turn down tip so it changes the sound a little there too... all in all with the way these 3rd gens came off the line THEY ARE JUST TO QUITE!!

these muffler bearings... what are they, what do they do, can you show me a picture or give a website to look at them? i dont know much about exhaust set ups other than my own so this term is a new one to me.

Old 11-26-2007, 02:40 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

Yeah I know these are way to quite I grew up aroung the 7.3 and powerjoker usually straight piped....I went out the back of mine cause I love the retarded huge tips that just seem to fit diesels even though I want Stax! I left the cat to keep the Highway drone down cause I do alot of Highway...The stax are on my wishlist, wantin some black chrome stax...on my black truck um baby sexy sexy! but I don't know how loud it'd be right on my back window....might have to talk to "Sir DF CTD Moderator Sharx" for some input on how noisy they are...I guess I could shut um up witha aero 4040 or 2....

As for them muffler bearing..I was looking for a pick of them and came up witha link...$49.99 and they only got one left in stock! hurry up!... yeah thats a huge link... http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...en-us%26sa%3DN

Old 11-26-2007, 08:03 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

OMG.....They do exist? WTF

Quick Reply: Exhaust system advice