Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Good info stuff...

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 03:00 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good info stuff...

Well I have been pulling my hair lately trying to figure this crap out. I want to put a Double din sized touchscreen Kenwood Deck in my truck. My problem is that I have the non-nav standard Cd player. That Deck is a hair shy of being a full Double din. Through extensive reseach I found that the factory nav units can be replaced with Double din dash kits, and install kits are readily available. Frustration ensued. This is what I figured out today;

In order to get a Double Din stereo in a non-nav truck you need merely to purchase a nav bezel and replace your non nav bezel. Then get yourself your new stereo, a nav to Double Din dash install kit and a non-nav electrical install kit. Don't get the nav electrical install kit as the electrical connectors are different.

Hopefully other won't go bald as I almost did trying to figure this out.

FYI -- this also works for Jeep Grand Cherokees

Old 11-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Parts/Service
Champion
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Good info stuff...

Let me know if you need a double din bezel, will make you a deal on....

Old 11-27-2007, 06:21 PM
Tommygunz
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Good info stuff...

Actually I was going to ask you what I should expect to pay for them. Could you PM me prices for both the Ram and cherokee. I am looking at about tax time for purchase of all my parts, so about then on the bezels as well.

The truck and the Cherokee are both getting Kenwood ddx6019 head units as well as sirius tuners. THe Jeep will get the Kenwood Garmin Nav adapter. Truck Won't need it as I am getting the EDge with A2 monitor which has TomTom Built into it.

On yet another side note, if anyone is interested, my TomTom Go910 is on eBay for sale, sitting right now a little over $200 with about 4 days left. I am getting the a@ monitor, so it is gonna be obsolete...

ramble ramble ramble

Quick Reply: Good info stuff...