Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Hard Start

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2007, 06:57 PM
04QC4X4
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hard Start

When my lift pump went out the truck would start normally, but as soon as I put it in gear and tried to accelerate it would die. Then it would start again and I would doit all over again. Don't know if this helps, hope so.

Old 11-29-2007, 07:47 PM
Drew
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the symptoms you are having with the hard start sounds more like you have a leaky injector.

Old 11-29-2007, 11:30 PM
Aero Ram
All Star

ORIGINAL: BrianSudokhoi02

Did the battery tester Autozone used give you an amperage output number? Something like 650-750 Amps, or did it just say "good or bad". When they hooked up the tester did the check it with the ground connector hooked to the battery or to the frame? or both? If you have a tester that gives you the number of amps that are able to flow, doing a test on both the frame and battery post will show if you have a corroded connection somewhere.
[align=left][/align]
It showed actual #s not just good or bad...I'm gonna let DC do the battery check...I realized last night that the guy didn't disconnect the batteries from each other thus hes gonna get off reading...I'll just see if I can leave the truck there in the mourning and bum a ride all day friday, I'm on call saturday though so I need the truck back, surely if I B*&CH enough they'll spare a bit to do a few tests on it after all i bought the truck from them and haven't had it long, I'll go raise hell at 7am tomarrow if the won't find a way to get it in!!!

Old 11-30-2007, 07:15 AM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran

ORIGINAL: Aero RamI'll go raise hell at 7am tomarrow if the won't find a way to get it in!!!
Give it to em

Old 12-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Aero Ram
All Star

Yeah so ever since I started B&*Ching about it it hasn't done it, I'm gonna play it out and hopefully make it home for the good ol' boys to have a look at it...

Quick Reply: Hard Start