Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Quick response needed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 09:00 PM
steve05ram360
Hall Of Fame
Received 227 Likes on 212 Posts
Default RE: Quick response needed!!!

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

ORIGINAL: savage.basher

My haynes manual says 155ftlbs (I have the same truck as you), I put 150 on them with my "clicker" torque wrench.

I have Pro Comp xtreme all-terrain 305/65r17's E load. They say run 65, andI did for a while to let the bead set??... but I dropped them down to 55 after a month or so.

I thought you said you had 35/12.50s?? You must be running an 18" wheel to still have E load huh.

Yup, 35 x 12.5 x 18 I think I'll go ahead and back off on the PSI a little then. I have noticed that when I roll thru dirt or dust that only the center of the tire gets dirty. It stays clean about 1 1/2" from the edges, basicly that part of the tread doesn't see the road at all yet. And I did a burnout the other day and when I went back to look, all it was were two skinny marks like a stock tire............lol.
As for the torque, I went out and did it to 145 and I'll check it each day for a few days then torque it to 155.

BTW, all the damn metric nuts and bolts on this truck have cost me $250 in new tools since I've had the thing!! I still need to go buy a metric socket tommorrow for the track bar bolt. It's only half *** tight because I didn't want to round it out with a standard socket.

yeah, how about some updated pics??? I'd like to see the 35's on there.

Old 12-02-2007, 09:35 PM
savage.basher
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Loose track bar bolt... that can't be safe .

Old 12-03-2007, 08:10 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: steve05ram360

ORIGINAL: energinerbuzzy

My haynes manual says 155ftlbs (I have the same truck as you), I put 150 on them with my "clicker" torque wrench.

I have Pro Comp xtreme all-terrain 305/65r17's E load. They say run 65, andI did for a while to let the bead set??... but I dropped them down to 55 after a month or so.

I thought you said you had 35/12.50s?? You must be running an 18" wheel to still have E load huh.

Yup, 35 x 12.5 x 18 I think I'll go ahead and back off on the PSI a little then. I have noticed that when I roll thru dirt or dust that only the center of the tire gets dirty. It stays clean about 1 1/2" from the edges, basicly that part of the tread doesn't see the road at all yet. And I did a burnout the other day and when I went back to look, all it was were two skinny marks like a stock tire............lol.
As for the torque, I went out and did it to 145 and I'll check it each day for a few days then torque it to 155.

BTW, all the damn metric nuts and bolts on this truck have cost me $250 in new tools since I've had the thing!! I still need to go buy a metric socket tommorrow for the track bar bolt. It's only half *** tight because I didn't want to round it out with a standard socket.

yeah, how about some updated pics??? I'd like to see the 35's on there.
You have already seen the 35"s on there, all I did was put the leveling kit on and install a new double weave mesh grill.
I'll get pics next weekend for you.

Old 12-03-2007, 08:11 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

Loose track bar bolt... that can't be safe .
Well not loose really put only tight enought as I could get with the wrong socket on it.
By the way Savage, is there a spec to tighten the sway bar links? I didn't take note of how they looked before I took em off and you can pretty much tighten it down till the bushings are pancakes. I just tightened it till each bushing was about 3/8" thick?

Old 12-03-2007, 10:01 AM
savage.basher

I'm not sure if there is spec for the sway bar link or not. I don't think I even looked, I just tightened it untill they were about what you just described.

Quick Reply: Quick response needed!!!