Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2007, 08:27 PM
macattack
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fog lights

Is it possible to add a set of factory fog lights to a 97 2500 if it did not come with them? I also posted this over in 2nd gen but seeing as my truck has the cummins I thought Id post over hear also.

Old 12-16-2007, 10:54 PM
chouseal
Veteran
Default RE: fog lights

Been wondering the same thing for my '96. Obviously the holes are already there, but I haven't looked to see if any wiring is already in place. Anyone know?

Old 12-17-2007, 04:37 AM
ljpierce_ely
Veteran

For what it's worth, I owned a 98 Ram 1500 4x4 before I moved up to my current 04 2500 CTD.

On my 98, the install required the removal of the front bumper and replacement of those plastic inserts you see, as well as bolting the fog light assembly directly to the bumper in a spot that's hidden by the black plastic top covering.

The most difficult part was wiring it to the fuse box. It required me to either remove the fuse box, which I couldn't figure out how, or play yogi and maneuver myself under the dash to fit my hands behind it to tap into a wire.

To make this short, it can be done, but make sure you purchase the set SPECIFICALLY for your year Ram. The 98's have a different dashboard than the 97's and earlier models so they come with a different switch setup.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:52 PM
rootercycles
Professional

yes you can. Take a look on EBay. They have sets for sale that are direct OEM replacements for under $150. My truck doesn't have them either and I am going to get a set soon. The ones I saw have the lights, mounts, wiring and switches you would find on a new RAM.

Old 12-17-2007, 12:56 PM
CutterW
Captain

I want a set, but I wanna trade the lights out for orange LEDs.

Old 12-23-2007, 03:56 PM
Joedodge63
Rookie

For what it's worth, don't forget to consider the trans/aux cooler issue. Some of the 2nd gens didn't/couldn't have the foglights because an aux cooler was too big and took up the space for the fog light, I think on the drivers side.

Quick Reply: fog lights