Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

trans problem and ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2007 | 09:03 PM
02cummins
|
Captain
Default trans problem and ?'s

hello, well my trans is ****ting the bed, going into OD it is slipping, so its going to dodge to be covered under warranty, and my friend works there so they are "overlooking" the edge juice with attitude! thank god. my truck has 59000 miles on it and its still covered by the 7 year 70,000 mile warranty, i almost **** when they said that. cuz i got it from a truck dealer here, not dodge, and i had a 6k mile warranty that is up now. so i guess what i need to know is what should i put inside my trans to beef it up>? obviously i dont want the rebuilt stock reman tranny, so what do i buy to make it last with the mods ive done. and more to come ?

Old 12-17-2007 | 09:11 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker
Default RE: trans problem and ?'s

as anyone here is going to tell you, for sure a heavy duty tc, then maybe a vb and a good clutch? if i had to do it over again, i would do it all! whole new tranny! from ATS or SUNCOAST!

Old 12-17-2007 | 09:15 PM
02cummins
|
Captain

so if i got just a high performace tc how much better would my tranny be? i dont know much about autos man

Old 12-17-2007 | 09:18 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

triton, drew, and jake prob can tell you exactly what u need to know....they dream about this stuff...i know that my TC was the first thing to go, and getting a new one will help it alot....keep it locked up when needed and will unlock when needed! i know triton likes suncost...i also know alot of people like ATS

Quick Reply: trans problem and ?'s