Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

FYI about BIG Front Bumpers

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2007, 11:47 PM
energinerbuzzy
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FYI about BIG Front Bumpers

Just wanted to share a little info for anyone whi is thinking of getting a front bumper like mine.
I have been under the hood a lot here lately and am starting to realize that this bumper is a BIG pain in the ****!
You either have to lean way over and can't get a good grip on anything or you stand on the bumper and have to bend down in wierd possitions. Or most of the time I have to get a ladder and work from the sides over the fender areas.
Just thought you should know. It's alot different than being able to stand right up against the grill area and work.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:51 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion
Default RE: FYI about BIG Front Bumpers

Hey, who said bein a redneck was all fun and games?

Old 12-30-2007, 11:52 PM
NCcummins
Record Breaker

haha that sucks cuz i was thinking about getting one..haha..

so much **** i wanta do to ghe truck and so many different ways to spend the cash...lol

Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
JR 06
Professional

I know what you mean buzzy, I'd say probably about 1 in 3 trucks I work on has a bumper like that or a brush guard of some sorts and it can definitely be a pain. And sometimes they are even welded to the frame so I can't take it off if I need too. But also, depending on what I'm doing some bumper designs make good places to sit while I work too.

Old 12-30-2007, 11:56 PM
DiEseLjunKy
Veteran

I bet but imo they're a pain to work on just stock. I have to climb up and sit on the radiator shellto wrench on anything in the engine welland I'm 6'0". I also have a small step stool that comes in handy.

Old 12-31-2007, 07:39 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

ORIGINAL: DiEseLjunKy

I bet but imo they're a pain to work on just stock. I have to climb up and sit on the radiator shellto wrench on anything in the engine welland I'm 6'0". I also have a small step stool that comes in handy.
I hear ya, I'm 6'0" also but it was much easier working on it without the bumper. Don't get me wrong, I love the bumper. Just a pain in the **** to do something as simple as removing the oil filter!

Quick Reply: FYI about BIG Front Bumpers