Dodge/Ram Diesel Tech Discussions on all generations of Cummins Diesel powered Rams plus the new Eco Diesel

Howdy!! Its been awhile!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2008, 10:56 PM
TheOregoneOutfit4
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Howdy!! Its been awhile!!

Started this year off on the wrong foot, for sure!! After spending a small fortune on Christmas (we always do with 2 small kids who deserve much more than I can give em) the trouble started. The wife's Subaru check engine light came on. Looked like the EGR valve, so I replaced it and the back pressure transducer.
After resetting the ECU and $250 bucks later, the light came back on onlythis time it is overheating. I was sitting at my desk, Haynes manual in my lap when I hear this awful sound coming from the laundry room. The gears in the agitator in the washerare completely stripped out. Talking just a pile of powder. Gone. Well, crap. This warrantsa beer. Out to the garage refrig where I notice thetop freezer is so jam packed full of stuff I can barely close it. So packed- it isn't cooling like it is supposed to. Only a guy like Noah who crammed every Earthly critter into a boat could appreciate the level of packing achieved in this 3x4 box. Remove a popsickle- you're wearing the contents in seconds.
We prepare to head out to the appliance place for a new freezer and washing machine. Open the truck -MY TRUCK- door and the windows are foggy. No big deal, I thought since it was snowing hours ago. Sitting there in the driver's seat, I realize the fog is actually the inside window dripping wet. Not just a little, A LOT!!! Like soaking wet!!!! Took 15 minutes to dry with the defrosters on. Looks like it has a leak. GGRRRRRRRR. Wonderful.
Got the overheating problem fixed in the car, still working on the engine light. New freezer was delivered, too bad we don't have any money to fill it. New (was supposed to be CHEAP, ya right) washer looks lovely in the laundry room. Now on Monday I have to schedule the truck with Dodge to get the water leak fixed in the cab. Just think. This is day 5 of the new year. Only 11.99 more months to go.

New Year's Resolution- talk wife into a new Dodge Nitro!!!!! Who said you can't fix problems by throwing money at it??????

Old 01-05-2008, 11:02 PM
BrianSudokhoi02
Veteran
Default RE: Howdy!! Its been awhile!!

Wow...sounds like everyone has had a bad week around here. I guess the worst that has happened to me this week was some 24 hr bug that had me at the toilet for half a day.[:'(]
[align=left] [/align]

Old 01-05-2008, 11:13 PM
lilfroger
Record Breaker

was just starting to wonder where you went...sounds like you've had a heck of a week.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:15 PM
Jr. Mechanic
Grand Champion

ORIGINAL: BrianSudokhoi02

Wow...sounds like everyone has had a bad week around here. I guess the worst that has happened to me this week was some 24 hr bug that had me at the toilet for half a day.[:'(]
[align=left] [/align]
Me too, yesterday I left school.

Old 01-05-2008, 11:34 PM
TheOregoneOutfit4
Rookie

Ya, I was here long enough to vote last month for Woli, but that's been it. Hope he won. Can't find any info on it in the archives.

My wife also got the bug, but it lasted 3 days. Even the dog was throwing up just before Christmas. I had to throw out her food and scrub her food bowl (the dog, not the wife, lol). Luckily, the kids are fine. I would've traded places with my wife in a second, poor kid. She was miserable. We've also had one of the worst weeks at work. I didn't say anything about this stuff because it didn't acutally COST me anything. Work related- that is a different story. Went through $150K in PC boards, lost 2 $20K and 1 $30K pump. Burned up several motors, not sure how much they cost, but they ain't cheap. Smokeda fan which was supposed to be keeping things cool. All this is just related to my area. There are other problems in other areas, too.

No matter how bad you think u got it, somebody else has it worse. Our dryer is only 6 months old. The old one burned up. I went to get the parts to fix it, and found a great deal on the one we have now. I repaired it, and thought I'd sell it on Craigslist. After searching the ads to get an idea on what to ask, I ran across an ad of a very desperate woman looking for a free one. The ad was awesome. It simply said "PLEASE!! Large family needs dryer bad!! No money." She posted a pic of the HUGE pile of laundry. Turns out they had bad luck recently and have no money. The 30 year old dryer they had quit. There were people who said they could have their old one, but they either gave it away before this family could pick it up or sold it to someone else offering money. Needless to say, I held onto my old one until they could drive out to get it. She was extremely happy.

Awright, enough wining. Found some entertaining stuff on the computer for u guys. I'll try and resize the pics and post them Sunday or Monday.

Speaking of bad weeks, howz Jimmy?? He find a job yet, or is he even looking??

Old 01-06-2008, 01:52 AM
energinerbuzzy
Banned

All I can say is count your blessings. My wife woke me up new years day and I had a hangover from hell. She said "Honey, I have some bad news" and I new instantly something major bad has happened. She told me my Uncle has passed away. He was very close and is the last remaining elder on that side of the family.
Well I went to the funeral today, it's been a long week and so far for me, 2008 can kiss my ***!!

Old 01-07-2008, 12:13 PM
Mayfair
Legend

Sorry to hear about your loss Glyn. My prayers go out to you and your family.

Lance, it's really cool to think of hooking up a family in need at a time when your life is in such turmoil. PROPS to you !!

Quick Reply: Howdy!! Its been awhile!!